Service Portal Customisation

AlexOnTheHill

Hello,

I was wondering if it would be possible to add some further customisation options to the service portal.

It would be really nice if we were able to allow for multiple splash images and cycle through them on a carousel for a given period of time, eg each day of the week, month of the year

I have had a suggestion to have make our background image vary depending on the month and I agree it would be nice to see something seasonal.

It would also be handy if we could add text widgets so you can say things like 'for trouble accessing please contact us at' etc

Many thanks

Hi @AlexOnTheHill,

I don't work for Hornbill - but I'm just wondering if you are aware that the Self-Service Portal will be phased out eventually? Just in case you were not aware, Hornbill won't be adding new functionality to it anymore (as far as I know) as they have introduced the Employee Portal which has been fully available since last year or the year before I believe... (I don't know where the time has gone) and so eventually we will all have to start using it.  Hornbill have been advising users to start migrating to it and initially extended the deadline due to Covid, but currently they don't have a definitive deadline date (as far as I am aware) yet as things have changed, so I'm assuming this is still being discussed internally.

You can create text widgets on the Employee Portal, links widgets, add images, create multiple domains and pages, and do other things too... it is way better than the Self-Service Portal for sure.

But your question regarding the splash image being on a cycle would still apply for the Employee Portal too, and it's a nice idea... so, that's a +1 from me.

Thanks,

Samuel

Thank you @AndyG

We already make use of Service Bulletins, they are very useful!

I am not referring to a Service Bulletin though, I am asking if the splash screen used on login can be customised to run on a carousel for a given period.

That way you could have a login screen for January, February etc rather than one screen all year round.

Thanks