Contact/User Merging

Jeremy

Is there a way to merge contacts and users as we have students that we deal with before their arrival at University and also some accounts are not created properly and so contacts are created but we would like to merge accounts so that the requests are all under one account if possible.

Is there a way to do this in Service Manager as this would also help to tidy up the contacts database and stop us having duplicates.

• Like 2

This is something on my mind too as I have a similar scenario coming up soon where we will issue a contact logon to someone who is joining so at some point they will then have an AD account created so in effect would have 2 logins to Hornbill so I have followed this :) Just want to see if there is anyway to automate this rather than someone having to do manual admin

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

This would also be beneficial for us when a new account is created for an employee who has changed their name, so we can transfer their tickets or assigned requests to the new account without it being a manual task.