Allowing viewing of other teams calls without getting all the emails about call assignment for that team too.

George Warren

We collaborate between teams and sometimes need to be able to view calls assigned to other teams, in the past i believe we ran into the issue where we would go to view a call and it would say you dont have permissions to view this call and we found this was due to the user not being in the team it was assigned to. 
We have since added users to the other teams but with just "can view" and not "can action" and then dont add them to the list of users calls can be assigned to in that team. 

Users then find they are getting a barrage of emails about call assignments to all the other teams and we have been managing this with outlook rules but i just wanted to see if we were doing things the wrong way and if there was an easier way to achieve the ability to view calls/tickets assigned to other teams without the need to get all the emails relating to that teams calls. 

Hi George, 

I think that there are a couple of options available for you to look at.  Rather than assigning individuals to the team that supports the service, you could look to add additional teams.  

image.png

If a request is assigned to 1st Line Support then the other teams will not get notifications about the assignments as they are not part of the team the request is being assigned to.  There is one down side to this which is that these other teams that support the service can also be assigned requests, which you may not want.  However, you can expand on this same idea by creating a specific team for providing access to a service.  For example, you have a service called IT Support and you have your standard 1st and 2nd line teams that support it.  For this Service you could create another team called something like IT Support Service Access and add this as one of the supporting teams to that service.  This will also give you greater flexibility over which individuals that you would like give access to.  Within the Admin tool, you can set the users that belong to this team to have assignment disabled.  Provided that all users in this team have this disabled, the team will not be visible for assignment in the requests for that service.  This approach is also handy for the creation of manager teams, who want access to queues, but don't want to be available for assignment.

image.png

I hope that makes sense and helps.  Let me know if you have any questions. 

James

Ok I've just done some more testing and initially thought great what ever issues we had before seem to be gone. 

However I've found the issue is calls that have been raised using the drop down and the calls end up without a service rather than the raise new button that requires you to select a service.

Is there a way to remove the dropdown or have these drop down options default to a certain service?
image.png.22dbc6d7c1046baefba0c5033773f23c.png

Sorry to add to the above, if the call is created from the drop down and has no service then you do need to be in the team its assigned to in order to view the call without getting the error about permissions. calls raised with a service, you dont need to be in the team its assigned to if your team is also listed in the supporting teams for that service. 

So root cause is calls ending up without a service from being raised using the dropdown, obviously will send comms to try and reeducate our staff to not use the dropdown, its only changes that really get raised this way as for some reason that was something advised early on, if we can lock the drop down or allow the drop down to create calls with categories that would be useful alongside the comms and re-education of our staff. 

6 hours ago, George Warren said:

Is there a way to remove the dropdown or have these drop down options default to a certain service?

HI George,

There are two settings that can influence the raise new button.  Keep in mind that these are global settings and they will apply to everyone.  

The setting app.request.raiseNew.hide  will only show the request types in the drop down and not allow the generic Raise New to be used.

The setting app.request.raiseNew.limit does the opposite where it removes the drop down completely and only shows the Raise New button.

Be sure not to have them both turned on :)

image.png

• Thanks 1

Each option in this menu has a matching default Progressive Capture, including the Raise New

image.png

These can be found with these settings...

image.png

Which every path you take, you will need to make sure that the default progressive captures lead you to where the appropriate questions are asked.

Hope that helps.

James

• Thanks 1