Auto-task to automatically accept a ticket

Smurfy

So I have been requested to find a way where on an open ticket an engineer can click a button and it auto assigns the ticket to them.
I cant seem to find a way to pick up the "actioners" "log in id" so I can transpose it to them as the owner.

Am I going about this all wrong?

:) 

• Like 1

I don't think this is possible as you would need the logged in 'session user' which you can't look up via a variable...this however would be a great option in the assignment action bar to be able to 'Assign to me'....

• 3 months later...
On 7/30/2021 at 8:52 PM, James Ainsworth said:

We do have a change in our backlog to add a feature to allow for a quick assignment to oneself within the Assign Action of a request.  I'll add you both to this change and I'll update this topic if there is any progress.

Regards,

James

Hi @James Ainsworth I just wondered if there was any progress with this one? Its a feature that would make real difference to us.

• 2 months later...

It is possible to achieve this by creating and using an Auto Task button.  In your Auto Task workflow you can use the variable &[global["session"]["userId"]] to assign request to the person that clicks on the Auto Task button.  Just to mention that I wouldn't recommend using this variable in a regular BPM workflow as the context of the user can change and you may get incorrect assignments, but works well in an Auto Task

• 2 weeks later...

Indeed, I think we are overlooking the warning below, right since we cannot include a node that legitimises the variable "&[global["session"]["userId"]]" to be valid.

image.png.530a56bb63a56e116d814408fb4d86e2.png

The issue we have is that it assigns to that user but selects a random Team! E.g. It was on testing team with my colleague and after pressing this button, it assigned to me in the change management queue; even though I am in the testing team... Is there another configuration I need to specify somewhere to not later the team?

I thought by selecting to IGNORE the team it would do just that:

image.png.900bf78a1ebf47c0a9c42dea8e80dfb6.png

But it's actively not ignoring the team and instead selecting a new team based on some criteria:

image.png.6e01847846e9b1e43249e83b41756335.png

Andy suggestions @James Ainsworth?

• Like 1

Hi

I cant upload images as our firewall blocks it - I'm working on that.
In the meantime I have tried copy an paste below.

So I user one node. It was the assign to owner (variable) and then added manually &[global["session"]["userId"]] in the owner box

Application Service Manager

Scope  Entity 

Entity Request

Type Assignment
Task Assign to Owner (variable) 

Result Reference

Options

Request Id Auto

Team   Auto     

Owner Variable Manual   &[global["session"]["userId"]]

System Timeline Update Ignore 

Manual Timeline Update Manual

Visibility Ignore 

Output Params / Context Reference

outcome

3 hours ago, Berto2002 said:

selecting a new team based on some criteria

It would be the first team returned by the query which runs to retrieve the teams that your user is a member of. Which might (and likely) to be different than the order that you see the teams (your user teams) in the UI.

39 minutes ago, Sam P said:

it selects the team highest in the alphabet and assigns it there

@Sam P It would be the first team returned by the query which runs to retrieve the teams that your user is a member of. Which might (and likely) to be different than the order that you see the teams (your user teams) in the UI. It might be that in your instance the query happens to return the list in alphabetical order but it might not always be the case for other instances. Just to clarify to prevent an incorrect expectation here.

Our engineers are only in one team so this works fine for us. But I can see if they weren’t this could be an issue. It’s a shame you can’t set a “default” team for uses like this scenario.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, James Ainsworth said:

Hi @Smurfy

When you say "default team" is this referring to an analyst having a primary or default team set against them as an individual whey they belong to more than one team? 

Yes it was my thinking but as @Berto2002 has said is maybe a better idea. We don't use multiple teams in our organisation so I'm not 100% sure how the multiple teams are used.