Tickets not updating from email replies

Josh Bridgens

Hi All, 

running into a new issue with 3rd party emails not updating our tickets...

this is the current Rule we have for updates: image.thumb.png.2dbee0ba7d8f2dbfb35dba8cf4f3386b.png

These are the emails in particular (they do include a 3rd party ref number but the REGEX should hopefully ignore that: image.png.839501120afa60d4841d24747d745e45.png(names redacted)

Any help would be appreciated.

The expression: [a-zA-Z]{2}[0-9]{8} matches both the Hornbill reference (SR00055903) and part of the external reference (INC000014741205) so the System cannot resolve to a single Request Reference.

You'll need to adjust the Reference expression to cater for that, assuming (as I'm not a RegEx expert) that this is possible.

Hi Josh,

You could try this...

[inINsrSR]{2}[0-9]{8}

I removed the a-zA-Z as that allows for all characters including the C in the INC, and I replaced it with inINsrSR.  This will restrict the match to the 2 characters, either upper and lower cases, where I,N,S, and R exist and therefore it should exclude the references containing INC as the C is not listed.

Let us know if that works.

James

Hi Josh,

I had missed @Steve Giller's comment about adjusting the Reference.  I was purely looking at the Rule Expression and changing the regex there, and not the Reference.  I see where the challenge is now.  Steve is correct that the Reference only checks against the subject.  The subject line of the email above doesn't include your Hornbill reference, only the 3rd Party reference, so it doesn't know which request to update.