Issue with Reports

Hello

when running any reports in Service Manager today, if a report takes longer than 10 seconds to run then the report is blank. The file size is c.200bytes and only includes the column headers. 

If you filter the report to a much smaller result and it runs less than 10 seconds, then the reports exports as expected 

Any ideas? 

Darren

Guest Paul Alexander

I think this is due to the 10 second timeout we have on our instance which was reported in this post:

image.thumb.png.6ec4d4f9df07d52a8ae433f758f66998.png

Guest Paul Alexander

BTW My response wasn't meant as an answer...I was giving people more info which I thought might help with a resolution.

The problem still stands - reports aren't bringing back any information if the query runs for more than 10 seconds....

@Darren Rose I take it we are talking about widgets here rather than actual reports?  We have looked at some of the heavier ones and the largest contains the following in the query:

h_itsm_requests.h_datelogged >= '2019-04-30 00:00:00'

Is there a need for the query to bring back requests from early 2019?  If this can be reduced to a weekly or monthly value that should significantly reduce the query time.  Also looking at the query two of the fields h_fk_servicename and h_catalog don't have indexes, you could swap them with h_fk_serviceid and h_catalog_id as that should also help to speed up the query and get it under the current threshold.