Linked Asset Limit

LouiseT

We're looking at implementing Supplier Management and would like to check if there's a limit to the number of assets than can be linked to a supplier or to a contract?  We have a little over 5,000 assets for one of our suppliers.

Thanks

See a previous topic of mine. I previously linked 110 assets to a Supplier but I could only see 100 when viewing them through a Supplier . HB increased this to 500 so although the limit on linked assets maybe greater for practical use I believe it is currently 500 (unless it has been extended further as there have been further changes to Supplier Manager since my topic).

@LouiseT thanks for your post.

There are no limits as to how many assets can be associated to a single supplier or supplier contract.

We have however, for performance reasons, limited the number of assets that can be displayed at any one time for some of the views.  The limit of 500 that @Frank Reay correctly refers to is the number of assets shown on a supplier contract that are available to be linked to that particular supplier contract (basically all supplier contracts that are linked to the parent supplier).

I will speak with our development team about changing the behaviour with some of these views as we have several customers now who are making heavy use of Supplier Manager and the assets functionality in particular, and would benefit greatly from certain changes in this area.

Alex  

@AlexTumber

Thank you for this.   It's certainly a change that we would find very useful.  

It would also be very useful to have a more straightforward way of linking assets, suppliers and contracts - would you prefer me to raise that in a separate thread?