Moving from Service Portal to Employee portal

I am hoping to move over to employee portal just building and and setting this up at the moment.

In preparation for this. I wanted to find some images used in the Service portal which i cant find in config settings anywhere. Can you advise?

So for each service there is a picture im not talking about the icon i can find the config for that in service portfolio to that im looking for this service pic see attached. 

Also on a different note when i change the footer in the config from Honrbil to ours it seems to break. SHould i not change the footer to our company details? Is this the right place i should be changing this? see attached?
image.thumb.png.d756b528eb0e0d1598d178c4aece6601.png

image.thumb.png.79f497bba25871fc2d38596489fb204a.png

12 minutes ago, Shamaila said:

I am hoping to move over to employee portal just building and and setting this up at the moment.

In preparation for this. I wanted to find some images used in the Service portal which i cant find in config settings anywhere. Can you advise?

So for each service there is a picture im not talking about the icon i can find the config for that in service portfolio to that im looking for this service pic see attached. 

Also on a different note when i change the footer in the config from Honrbil to ours it seems to break. SHould i not change the footer to our company details? Is this the right place i should be changing this? see attached?
image.thumb.png.d756b528eb0e0d1598d178c4aece6601.png

image.thumb.png.79f497bba25871fc2d38596489fb204a.png

I have actually found the images in the bulletin in service portfolio however i cant find the original image file for it? is it saved somewhere in honrbill config? I just need the answer to the 2nd half of the questions about the footer.      

Hi @Shamaila

12 minutes ago, Shamaila said:

when i change the footer in the config from Honrbil to ours it seems to break

Could you please provide further details? What seems to break? 

@Mary When i last updated the footer and removed Honrbill social information etc. Hornbill service portal didnt open and was showing errors. Hence im reluctant to update the footer just in case it freezers and errors again. I guess having confirmation its ok to update the footer in the screenshot i sent is what i need? 

Could you advise if Hornbill have a image repository i could use at all ? Also would you know where the images are saved ? the question in i asked in above post?

Thank you for your help in advance 

Hi. I unchecked social media and edited the footer in the employee portal admin tool and it went through ok @Daniel Dekel so it could of just been that one glitch when i did it first time. Can my other questions be answered at all? 
Thanks

I am not sure if you want me to create another thread for some quick questions i have for similar issue? The next question i have is..

on the employee portal  on page one i can see were i can edit page details. however when you click on a service i dont know how to change heading from there? see attached.  I have found how i change it on the main page which i have done but cant see an option to do it on when i select a service ?

image.png.b5e7753e5354c8d58a1fd2be197ee292.png

Guest Mary

Hi @Shamaila

The Company Home default string you have highlighted can be changed in the portal translations

image.png.1d0f9426999f7a3abb46daf5de2e8d0e.png

Regarding images, we do not provide an image repository. You'll need to provide URLs to the images used as background images, logos and on links on the portal. Service bulletin images are different as they require an actual file to be uploaded. 

Guest Mary

@Shamaila

You only need to amend the user.view.page.home  value in the translations to modify the value highlighted  in fig 1 below 

Fig 1 - View pages navigation breadcrumb on portal

image.png.5652b896d2d04f50ddcb3557909c854e.png

Fig 2 - Portal Home page 

This is configured on the portal page details

image.png.4ea860fbe77c2edfbb2a20c9a2f9a2f0.png

• 2 months later...

Hi @HGrigsby,

That is a static string, so it would be changed using the typical translation using the translation mode. 

If you have translation rights you should be able to "Start the translation mode" from the user menu (top right)

image.png

and then right click on the desired string you want to translate (Documents)

image.png

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Daniel.

• Like 1