Can I use PCF and workflow (BP?) to allow Users to create new Assets (and then set-of a review cycle)?

Berto2002

We have an incomplete asset list in Hornbill SM but insist that Assets are added when required for Change; so we need a fast way for Users to add Assets but we need them reviewed so they can be finalised as necessary by someone in that area.

A solution to this would be to have a very basic PCF that asks for the Name, Serial and Operational State; and for that to go through a workflow that creates the Asset - to the person can continue to build their RFC but assigns the Request to the Configuration Manager for review and update as necessary.

I have checked the Hornbill Automation piece and Assets appears under Requests and allows to Add Customer Assets to the Request, to Get Asset Information or to Update the Properties on existing Assets (which is close because that's useful). It's so very nearly there but nothing for Add New Asset?!

image.thumb.png.844f5df9aa9fa9c4aa8dae95611f92f7.png

At the moment, we think we need to give access to everyone to be able to create raw Assets and that feels a little too open.

Thanks for any advice.

• Berto2002 changed the title to Can I use PCF and workflow (BP?) to allow Users to create new Assets (and then set-of a review cycle)?
  • 3 months later...