Display New Starter's name in Summary

RE: Query- Home Applications Service Manager Business Processes Requests - New Starter Process

I just want the summary to show the new starter name similar to description but I cant figure it out?
For example I want the summary to say New starter: Joe Bloggs – Dynamic licence ?
Any guidance will help.

Current settings.png

Current settings2.png

Currentoutput.png

Description output.png

NSworkflow.png

@Shamaila

On the presumption that the New Starter information has been entered as response to a progressive capture question prior to the workflow being initiated, we use the the Get Request Information > Request Details and Progressive Capture Answers nodes followed by a Update Request > Details node in the BPM to adjust/append information into the Summary and/or Description fields.

By having the initial values provided by the Request Details node and access to the Progressive Capture Answers you can then use the Manual option on the Update Request node to append both dynamic values as well as static text to the Summary and Description fields.

image.thumb.png.cc068939dfa40a184ee838265a401381.png

It a little tricky doing the summary as you need to scroll along it and make sure the cursor is in the right place before clicking on the variable image.png.2214b8ed3a106aa7be5119766319a12e.png button to insert the dynamic values you want.

It would be good to be able to do this in the progressive capture itself but this is not currently possibly and we have logged an enhancement request for this, see below.

Cheers

Martyn

Let me know if you want me to create a new thread but i think it links in with here. Its also on the back of your ticket (IN00167631). 

For some reason the summary and description and start date are not populating when ticket comes into us. Why would this be the case?

image.png.39b612bf7ace5bd867757cafa0d925e8.pngimage.thumb.png.b74b07abbd8a6c8a91424293f70baa62.png

image.png.6d853bbd78316ab66666c48194654fc4.png

@Steve Giller Can you break down the above what you said and tell me how to create this and add it into my workflow? 

I did have this node further down the workflow and it did work at one stage but i was told to move it to front. 

It was like this before:

image.thumb.png.1e6acc5574949341a7cd89fbe46c38a2.png

@Steve Giller

Why is the data format populating in a different format i want it to be date\month\year. like the start date?

How can this be changed?

image.png.4427843b6cbbf49f9ee9f7bba0631b0d.png

image.png.d59286409923392b2ea03588c826f798.png

New Starter Request - &[global["flowcode"]["customFieldA"]] &[global["flowcode"]["customFieldB"]] &[global["flowcode"]["customFieldC"]]

Start Date: &[global["flowcode"]["customFieldE"]] 

@Shamaila  Assuming you are mapping the Custom E field with a Date from Progressive Capture this will be in the format set by the Preferences on the User filling in the form.

There is an enhancement on the way to allow you to use the unformatted (UTC) value. Once that is released we would recommend mapping the raw value of the Date to a Date/Time custom field.

7 minutes ago, Steve Giller said:

@Shamaila  Assuming you are mapping the Custom E field with a Date from Progressive Capture this will be in the format set by the Preferences on the User filling in the form.

There is an enhancement on the way to allow you to use the unformatted (UTC) value. Once that is released we would recommend mapping the raw value of the Date to a Date/Time custom field.

You can see from the screenshot when users fill out the date its in the correct format so its just the output in summary and description that it comes out incorrectly   ?

image.thumb.png.0421e091afe28600b5a5fbe16a341e5f.png

15 minutes ago, Shamaila said:

You can see from the screenshot when users fill out the date its in the correct format

I'm not sure what you mean, here - there's nothing on that form that dictates formatting - that is set by the preferences of the User who is filling out the form when the Request is raised.

If I filled that form in Custom E would say 30/06/2021, but if someone who prefers the US style filled it in you'd see 06-30-2021

But this is happening for all users no matter what there own preference is set to. I have tested a few users and even with UK format keyboard settings when it comes to us via hornbill in a ticket is aways shown in US? I am an example to all my language and keyboard settings are set to UK but when it comes to Service Desk it comes in US style? See screen shot with name Dean smith in a above reply threads.

The online form - 
image.png.917cacd681e2ecb39834317c51c61a3e.png

image.png.90718deaa5555a79858e026d20b91bd9.png

Ok. Mine are set to below but when the ticket come through it comes through incorrect date format. As you can see in the summary and description it comes up like 2021-09-06.

image.png.4427843b6cbbf49f9ee9f7bba0631b0d.png

image.png.01cbc3147d676e762646df88640eca45.png

image.png.acf7b4fc1a3cac5a86b8286130e96683.png

• 3 weeks later...