Can we request an enhancement to add the 'Bulk Actions' to the Asset Management list screen. At the moment the only thing you seem to be able to do when making multiple selection is delete.

image.thumb.png.aab44b3f2a7a78e10825df6d255ea0ff.png

We would like the options to bulk update elements such as :-

• State
  • Operational State
  • Used by
  • Notes

For example we have annual expiring licenses which we need to alter the State/Operational State of when they expire.

Cheers

Martyn

• Like 2

+1 

regards

Nikolaj

On 8/14/2020 at 2:31 PM, Nikolaj said:

Hello Support,

Is it possible to have beside the delete action also some other actions for a mass change in asset management?

1 example if owned by will change or used by or the state or the room of an asset etc...

something like we have for service manager?

image.thumb.png.c28d65adb7dc500243072f931fe7d029.png

I think it was a verry good step to have this filter the next step would be to have a mass chnage action.

Thanks and best regards

Nikolaj

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 9 months later...
On 05/04/2022 at 08:38, Martyn Houghton said:

@James Ainsworth

The top three from the original list would be common for everyone, to update the states and also bulk change the owner of assets when people move one etc.

• State
  • Operational State
  • Used by

Cheers

Martyn

Being able to change these 3 fields would be very handy, as it is I've got to manually update hundreds of items that weren't set correctly when they were first uploaded. It would also be good to be able to add finance info such as Purchase order number, cost and order date, but those are just nice to have and if we were forced to choose, I'd go with the above suggested by Martin.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

@Steve Giller I have a question would it be not possible to use the GUI also for that? For example export the assets i would like to change via export asset list

image.thumb.png.e95d3ce6d478a5160fef0ad05f08eeff.png

and then change the value i want and after that import this list via Asset Management -> Upload new Assets from CSV file?

I tried it but i get an error, I think because are the files are different names for the fields name or something like that.

It would really help people in our company todo an bulk update on the assets, because not all of them has rights to perform the asset import tool and they are also not able to do that.

Thanks and best regards

Nikolaj

image.thumb.png.45625f37e68536edeb2eba161d4be513.png

image.thumb.png.7bbc7a4b1a130937b875523b62cf71d7.png

3 minutes ago, Nikolaj said:

For example export the assets i would like to change via export asset list and then change the value i want and after that import this list via Asset Management -> Upload new Assets from CSV file?

No, Upload New Assets is only for creating Assets.
If you use that function you will either get an error because it does not expect an Asset ID, or create duplicate Assets.

@Steve Giller ok understand but can you not modify it for that function that it will be possible to update assets in the future? Or some other way to update more assets easily for a normal hornbill user. Because the asset import tool is not for a normal hornbill user possible in our case.  

Thanks

Nikolaj

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Morning all, I've just had chance to download the asset import tool you mentioned. I've exported some peripheral assets to a spreadsheet and updated the relevant fields. How do I point the tool to the file? I've had a look at the readme file and there's nothing in the link provided (Data Imports Guide (hornbill.com)) about how to do ad hoc updates from an excel file, just databases and other systems. I don't want to set anything up to run on a regular basis, I just need to be able to update assets in bulk occasionally (hopefully never again once I get it updated this time). 

Hi, are there any step by step instructions for beginners, on how to run the tool using a csv/json file (beginning to end)? I've looked at the guidance available but don't understand most of it.

Also, do I still need to set up an API when updating from a file that's saved on my laptop?

Thanks.