Customer Portal Update

Jeremy

I know this is not strictly related to the Employee Portal but I was wondering when the Customer Portal was going to be updated to the new style as the Employee Portal?

We have some use cases that we want to place some forms on there to allow external people from completing but currently it exposes every form and service on this portal and this will lead to confusion with External people locating the correct form.

@Daniel Dekel to allow people to see their requests on the portal and update them etc every service needs to be 'visible' in the portal otherwise there will be certain requests that people can't see.

When logging into the Employee Portal we have set this up with manual links to forms and relevant services, all others are ignored so it far more difficult to find this information, in the customer portal as it's the 'old' style it shows all visible services which in our case is every service.

There is not a way to distinguish between portals so we can't even set a few services to be available on the customer portal.

For our example, we are trying to allow people to complete a form regarding our Sports Dept but when people sign up and login they are presented will a list of all services and not specific forms that are only available to them.

I appreciate that you can restrict Services/CIs by subscribers but as we deal with so many customers this is practically impossible for us.

• 1 month later...

Hi Jeremy,

As all the services can be currently seen by external customers, I'm assuming that the services are set to be available to everyone.  Those services that you don't want to be visible to external customers, you should be able to simply add the top level of your internal organisation groups to the subscriptions, and turn on the option to cascade the subscription down the org tree.  

You will need to start by making sure that this setting is enabled.

image.png

Once this is enabled, you will then see this icon on any internal group.  Click on this to include all subgroups and the users within these subgroups to the subscription.   

image.png

Provided that your organisation structure is in place, and when your internal users are created they are automatically added to a group within the structure,  you should only have to add the one top level organisation group to the subscription on each service that you don't want visible on the Customer Portal.  Services that you want to only be available to external customers and not seen internally, you would add All Contacts to the subscription.

Hi Jeremy,

That should be taken up with Hornbill Support.  Are you able to raise a request with them?  I've not seen or heard of any issues with this from other customers and from my own tests, it appears to be working.  It may need Support to have a closer look at your instance to see what is happening.

Regards,

James

• 2 months later...