Retired Assets

Ann

Morning All

When we search for an asset to link to a Hornbill ticket, the search includes retired assets.  This isn't efficient as this increases the amount of assets that we need to look through to find the chosen asset.  Is there a way for the lookups to not show the retired assets, or if they are required, is there a way to include a retired assets button in order to choose whether to include them or not?  Thank you.

Kind Regards

Ann

Morning All

@AlexTumberhope you are well.  Apologies, I know this is not your area of expertise but please would it be possible for someone to look at this question and advise as this is currently causing us quite a large problem.  Thank you.

Kind Regards

Ann

@Ann I can't be certain, because people use different terminology, but it's possible that you're confusing "Retired" (a valid Asset state/sub-state) with "Archived" (an Asset that is, to all intents and purposes, deleted)

My Instance isn't currently set up to test with Assets, but my understanding is that you'd need to Archive an Asset to remove it from the search, as it's quite plausible that a Retired Asset would need Requests assigned against it - for example a Retired PC might need a WEEE Request for its disposal.