Custom Fields 30 -40 not populating in emails

Janett Dervish

Hi,

I'm using custom fields 30-40 in my pro cap for single and multi line text fields, these are not pulling though into my email templates however some of these fields are pulling through into a Human Task in the BPM any ides why this may be?    

Thank you

Janett

@Janett Dervish how do you reference 30-40 in the email template?

As a side note, this thread was posted in a section for the forum functionality itself, not Hornbill products. I have moved this to the correct section, so it gets the appropiate visibility for Hornbill staff and other forum users.

image.png

Hi,

Custom fields 30-40 were not populating in emails whilst testing however they were populating in the Human Task node, I therefore used the variable within the email template i.e. {{Extended Information.H_custom_31} and this seems to have resolved the issue.

Janett     

• Thanks 1

Hi, I am having a similar issue. before I ask a stupid question, can you please point me to where on the Wiki I can learn about inserting what I call active/dynamic fields into the text?

I am having trouble with the insert in yellow not working. The green one does work. If I can see a Wiki page which has all the references to this I may be able to work it out.

image.png.018195556744d855061881ba02a262fa.png

Hi Victor. I have this basic flow:

image.thumb.png.16ded62aedde2f363ae68f2a5c34cbb7.png

In the Human Task I have this Field Capture

image.png.2a5adcba78edb133228629bbf7561142.png

Then I map the data to customer_g:

image.thumb.png.b223d1c739c3ce27cd42d3153537e0ec.png

Then I Get Request Information and trigger an email.

I am testing with only a few chars so should be within the tolerance for custom_g: "VARCHAR custom fields a - o each suitable for holding up to 255 characters of any type."

The email then has that custom syntax in it and it doesn't ever give data; in either the summary or the body.

Am I doing anything incorrectly?

Cheers, Rob