Scheduled Change information

AndyHill

Afternoon all, hopefully a quick and easy one. In our Change Management BPM we have the below element. 

image.png.9533a011081ca276fa6db47fb7e8ab76.png

What I would like to do is upon completion of this element is email a DL with the information about the change and the schedule that was chosen. The question, is there a way to pull the information that was selected in the above regarding dates and time from the schedule? I can't see anything obvious. 

@AndyHill In order to do this, in your business process you would need to follow the above suspend action with the following

* Get Request Info - to get the updated scheduled dates

* Use the Email Notification option and send an email template (specifying the relevant email template entity)

image.png

* Use an email template which includes the relevant Request / Change Details you want to share - Remembering you can choose to create an email template using the Change entity type, which will have all the Change specific attributes and the general Request attributes available as variables.  

image.png

image.png

Hope that helps

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

@Steven Boardman It has come to my attention that the {{.H_start_time}} shows as UTC time and therefore people are seeing changes being scheduled an hour different to what they actually where scheduled for. 

image.png.73413cb88a44017eacbef3703d716c4b.png

image.png.37f45ef60e246c676073062f3f2b11dc.png

Ignore the square brackets that was me testing to see if the markup suggestion in the wiki would help.

Kind of defeats the purpose of the email if the times aren't going to be accurate.

@AndyHill I have raised the same point and, at present, I have been told the system is working as designed. The UI converts times to the users' preferred time zone but notifications go out in UTZ. I have made a suggestion that Service Manager ought to have an option for Admins to enforce a consistent timezone for all time quotations system-wide but this has not been accepted. For an ITSM tool I think this time handling is weak and dangerous (being an hour out on your change implementation can be very hazardous!).

I have resorted to adding the following to all my email notifications: " These times are GMT. If reading these times/dates on an email during BST time-zone, please add one hour to the times below due to a bug"

I have been given a workaround but I have not yet had the time to try it out but I think the gist is:

1. After getting the date above, instead of using the date fields in your email, map them each to a custom field
  2. Then use the custom field in your email notification.

I am told that should mean the UI date (i.e. the right one) is fixed at the point it goes over to the custom field so doesn't change when added to the emails.

Please also see this issue which I have logged under Premier Support as a bug; even in the UI, as a Notice, the system places the GMT time!

@AndyHill @Berto2002 for the email template, there is a modifying function for converting the date/time variable to the correct local time, this is mentioned here on the wiki:

https://wiki.hornbill.com/index.php?title=Email_Templates

image.png

So in the case of the start and end dates for the scheduled change, the email variable in email template would be as follows:

{{.H_start_time|formatLocalTime}}

{{.H_end_time|formatLocalTime}}

This will then use the system regional settings as set under the following settings:

system.RegionalSettings.timezone

system.RegionalSettings.dateTimeFormat

In the absence of the modifier on date/time values in the email, it will use the UTC value in the database

The above settings can be found here in the admin console:

image.png

Once the modifier is specified in the email template the output should be as follows:

image.png

image.png

I hope that helps on the email template formatting front.

As the display on the request notice has already been logged via the support channel i'll leave this with the support team to manage with you @Berto2002

• Thanks 1