Error: The text size provided (1873 characters) is greater than the maximum allowable size of 1024 characters for column h_details

yelyah.nodrog

Morning,

We are getting the below error on one of our change tickets:
image.png.c250c8a870864474d6e132c8653e9252.png

I understand that its saying the text in the field is too big, but I cannot find the field its referring to - h_details.
The only field that has a fair amount of text in it is the description field which is unlimited, and the amount of characters in it don't match up with the amount in the error anyway. 
I cant find h_details on database direct or on the wiki page and there is no reference to it in the community at all.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

H

• 1 month later...

Hi, I also have a simlar error,  but I am unable to find the offending field.

The text size provided (1178 characters) is greater than the maximum allowable size of 1024 characters for column h_details...

I am guessing its somewhere in the Authorisation node but I just cant find it

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Steve,

The field is the details field for the external authorisation.  What I'm assuming is happening is that you are populating the the details of the external authorisation within your BPM using variables and these variables add up to more than the available 1024 characters that are available in the external authorisation when it is being created.  

image.png  

If this is the case, you need to think about the variables being used here and if there are any that have the potential to insert long strings of text that could take it over the 1024 character limit.