Toggle on/off visibility of Service Domains

Alisha

Hello,

We have quite a few Service Domains and would like to toggle the visibility of the Domains on/off so we have more control over which ones appear in the top navigation. Please could we request this as an enhancement? 

We are linking directly to the Domains on our Employee Portal Home page (similar to your Demo site) and would like to hide the Domains that are available to everyone from the top navigation and just keep the restricted (subscriber only) ones at the top. It looks like we can have a maximum of 7 Domains before we see the 'More' menu and would like to keep that list to a minimum.

Many thanks,
Alisha

Hi @Alisha,

You if the domain is set to public then it will always be visible to everyone. If you turn that flag off it will only be available to those who have service visibility against that domain. I think that's what you want right?
It's in the domain settings in the Adinistration.

Home > Service Catalog > Service Domains 

Hope this helps,

Daniel.

image.png

@Daniel Dekel, @Alisha what we're trying to do is remove the 'shortcuts' from the top so that the customers only use the main links that we setup on the page.  This way we can have only those shortcuts that have limited access appear on the top as we can't add any restrictions to links on the employee portal.

So instead of having all these shortcuts appear at the top:

image.thumb.png.23bc1ecff631a8108d05882972df78d1.png

We would just have a few that are restricted within our Service Portfolio...  So our main 'everyone' type items would be listed on the page as links but those areas that are restricted would be available on the top as shortcuts.

Or are there any plans to put some type of restrictions on links?

Hope this makes sense, thanks,

Bobby

@Alisha We have a similar setup (go live next month) and have links to the domains from our main page.   We found the only want to do this was to disable it for each domain.

image.png.c5ba5473cce5b07724afad73477e4b61.png

We've tested it and we can still get to the pages via the links on the main page but the options disappear on the top right.

@Daniel Dekel - As we are yet to go live - am I missing anything having it like this?

Thanks

Tina

Hi @Tina.Lapere, @BobbyB,

I need to understand a bit more what you are after. Why don't you want to use the current domains list that appears in the header? Is it too small, is in the location? Do you need an icon? 
The solutions you are trying right now are not going to work very well. First, disabling the domains from the Administration can lead to unexpected issues because it can potentially disable the entire service linked to that domain. Is not only a visual change. 

We can't map the links (in the links widget) to domains or services, there is no relationship between these items at all.

So, can you please explain the issue you find as I have the feeling the solution is different than what you are requesting.

Thanks,

Daniel.

Hi @Daniel Dekel, @Tina.Lapere, @Alisha so we have a lot of Services that all employees can access and we have a few that are restricted.  On the old portal we used to use Services to show these menu items which worked as those customers who weren't subscribed to a service wouldn't see that option on their menu.  But with the new employee portal we don't want to use services from the main menu as the sub menu pages are hornbill created and we can't edit them or change their appearance.  So we're trying to find a way to restrict using Links on the main menu.  Without the option of anything to put permissions/restrictions on the links I'm trying to set it up so that only the restricted options would appear on the main shortcuts at the top.

So for us, it's about finding a way to restrict links for the customers.

• Like 2

@Daniel Dekel Ours is about the look.  We want a clean and simple portal (ignore the internal processes that are on the image - only ICT & HR Analysts can see those). We just have 2 simple icons and to move between them we want them to click back to the home page (it would be nice to be able to change the name 'Company Home' to something else to be honest)

Like @BobbyB we have used links to the services (on the domain pages) rather then the Services widget for the same reason - you can't customise it and therefore looks completely different to how the rest of the portal has been designed.  I'd be interested to know if this is being worked on as it was flagged quite early on after the lauch.

I've raised another question about this because our customers can still get to the Services widget (which I don't want them to be able to do) when they are viewing a call on the portal.  Something I'd also be grateful to hear back on.  

If by disabling the service domains this will cause issues - can you please let me know how we go about hiding these from the header as we go live in 2 weeks time.

Thanks

Tina

image.png

image.png

• Like 1

@Daniel Dekel I've just worked out that if a domain is down as a System Domain (as in one from out of the box) the public option isn't hiding it from the customers, however if it's one we've created the public option works and hides it from the customers.

image.thumb.png.9a3a2546752fd5593078e81f36285cab.png

image.thumb.png.0954da539eb3f9a0b7cbafcb6058c0f8.png

So the only way to hide the HR & ICT (in our option as we've used one the portal came with) is the disable it so the customer doesn't see it on the header.

Is this a bug? 

@Tina.Lapere,

It has nothing to do with the fact that is a System Domain. If is not public, it will show only if the logged in user is subscribed to one or more services in that domain.

If you look at the subscriptions in the service portfolio you will probably find out that the users are subscribed to some services and therefore the domains will be visible to these users.

Regards,

Daniel.

Hi @Tina.Lapere,

There is no such option to hide the domains. Talking to the team we've decided to add it but due to the amount of work we have in our pipeline it won't be ready in two weeks but we can have it in probably 3-4 weeks.

The change will hide the domains in all the pages based on a flag you will be able to set.

Hope this is what you require.

Thanks,

Daniel.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...