Date fields coming through a Null

Tina.Lapere

Hi,

We seem to have an issue that when a call is logged via the new employee portal any dates entered are coming through as null.  See example below:

Call logged -  On portal it shows:image.png.70ce523ecec7e133a4100418aa535d4b.png

When it comes through in the call:image.png.4f36ca30684c68dae99755259fb6c2a2.png

This is effecting all calls that are coming though the Employee portal.  This seems to be a recent thing.

I've logged the same call via our existing service portal and it's coming through fine:image.png.229b0a954ab739f11f7ccc2aa26354b5.png

Can someone get back to me asap please as we are meant to be going live with this next week and I can't work out what's wrong.

Thanks

Tina

Guest Ehsan

Hi @Tina.Lapere,

This is a known issue and will be addressed in the next Service Manager build. We are aiming to make the next build available in the week commencing the 7th June.

Ehsan

Good morning, 

We are also experiencing the same issue. 

Is there a workaround we could apply to the requests in the meantime as they are live and the error is causing quite a few issues. 

Thanks, 
Katie

@Tina.Lapere @Katie

A workaround could be, if the question is mapped to a VARCHAR custom field, this will display the value in the Details section (if the field is added) or as a column in a Requests list view. If it's not mapped, then perhaps the process can be amended to update a VARCHAR custom field with the question value and have it visible this way. The downside is that this will be a raw unformatted value meaning GMT/UTC time value as opposed to being formatted to user regional settings.

Guest Ehsan

@Katie,

Unfortunately we experienced technical issues with the build system last week. The good news is that the system is up and running again and we began testing the new release this week. We now expect to make this build available on Wednesday 16th June. Apologies for the inconvenience that this unexpected event has caused - I hope the workaround provided by Victor above helps in the meantime.

Ehsan

@Ehsan will this update be widely released to all clients? and will this resolve those for already raised tickets, or just newly raised tickets after the patch? as we have been experiencing the issue also and the workaround is not suitable for all instances where the date visibility is necessary. 

Thanks,

Foley

@Foley Coker

2 hours ago, Foley Coker said:

will this update be widely released to all clients?

This is a regular update so yes, it will be deployed automatically, on all customer instances.

will this resolve those for already raised tickets

No.

just newly raised tickets after the patch

Yes.

• Thanks 1

@EhsanHi Ehsan, just wanted to see if this is going to be pushed to live today please as my affected teams are chasing for this fix due to the impact it is causing :) (NB only me to support everything so I do not have time to implement the temporary workaround across all services)

Thanks

• Like 1