Category - Creation and Resolution

AndyHill

I have been cleaning up the selectable categories when creating and resolving calls. So far I have only touched the creation categories but have noticed where I have deleted some (that are no longer required) the old tickets now show no category. 

I would have thought the old tickets would have still retained the old category information as (incorrectly) assumed they would have taken a snapshot of that when logged and not live update when categories are changed. 

Before I go ahead and start messing with the resolution categories am I going to see the same issue. Is there a way to hide category items to avoid this issue but make it so people can't select them? Obviously old tickets losing the information makes legacy reports kind of useless. 

Hi Andy,

I've done a test and it does appear to be retaining the category.  It might just be a UI issue.  If you look at where the category is displayed within the Information panel of a request, do you still see the info icon and when you hover over this, is it showing the deleted category?

image.png

Hi @AndyHill

As James suggests, this is only a UI issue. As you had thought, category information against the requests is retained even if the category is deleted. This means your old reports should be unaffected. Furthermore, from the basic tests I have done with closure categories you will not encounter a similar UI issue with these.

As for the UI issue with request categories, we have raised a problem for this and will update this thread with any progress.

@AndyHill The following defect has been fixed and will be included in the next release of the Service Manager application.

"When a request category is deleted it is no longer visible against requests it had previously been selected for"

We expect the release to be next week.

• Like 1