Linking Assets

Ann

Morning All

Hope you are all safe and well.  When linking an asset a list of 10 assets are displayed showing the Name, Class and Tag of each, however is it possible to also show the Type please?

Also when linking only the first 10 assets come up, but we wish to link the Service Catalogue assets and they do not show up in the first 10.  Can we add a filter to the Link Assets please?  Thank you.

Kind Regards

Ann

Guest Ehsan

Hi @Ann,

As the Hornbill community is an open space for contributors, could you please avoid directly tagging developers, Alex is not directly involved with the Service Manager project. Your organisation can consider our enhanced success plans to expedite response to questions within an agreed SLA, more details can be found here https://wiki.hornbill.com/index.php?title=Success_Plans.

Thank you for sharing your feedback - Could you please elaborate on where the action is taking place; is it when linking assets to a Request or when linking assets to assets or when adding assets through progressive capture while raising a Request? A screenshot usually helps. It would help to understand what you mean by Service Catalogue assets - are there assets that are not alphabetically being displayed despite providing a filter?

Ehsan

Apologies for tagging a developer, I was advised that just responding was not seen by anyone.  When a post is put onto the forum we do not know if they have been seen or have been seen and dealt with as time prevails, is there a way of showing us they have been looked at and will be responded to in time please?  I have a number of colleagues that have had the same issue as myself where posts are not responded to at all, what is the procedure for these please?

We are trying to link an asset to another asset within Asset Management and then General.  A field is displayed under Link Assets titled Asset, if you type for example Firewall all firewall assets are displayed.  Thank you.

image.png.f340a23eef16b4e2d4f7c5e4300a54ea.png

@Ann

Apologies for tagging a developer, I was advised that just responding was not seen by anyone

Even just replying is enough for people to get sight of the communication, but developers generally are not on alert watching the forums, they are generally heads down writing code (we hope). We are biog believers in supporting our community, but its not a channel where we provide any SLA or guaranteed response, for this, as @Victorpoints out, if its important and you need an answer in a timely manor, this is why we have the success plans which are our formal, SLA committed support channel. 

No apologies needed, we are always delighted to help, but I think we are just keen that you understand that the forum channel is important to us, but we do not provide any guarantee of a response time, or even a response. 

Gerry

• Like 1

Hi Ann,

On 5/25/2021 at 1:51 AM, Ann said:

Also when linking only the first 10 assets come up, but we wish to link the Service Catalogue assets and they do not show up in the first 10.  Can we add a filter to the Link Assets please?  Thank you.

I do have an existing change proposal in our backlog for this particular requirement.  It is still under review, but I'll be sure to update this discussion if there is any movement.

Regards,

James

• 3 months later...