Adding request attachments to BPM notification e-mails

Will J Douglas

Hi,

Is it possible to add attachments that have been uploaded into a request as attachments to an automated notification e-mail?

I've had a look at the forums, wiki, and applications and can't find anything to suggest whether it is possible or not.

Regards,

Will.

• Like 1

Hi @Steve Giller

We have a service within Service Manager to log any potential sales leads for our business.  When logging these sales leads our teams want  attach files to the request ( not  in place at the moment but it has been requested)

The process then fires off an e-mail notification with the details and closes the request.

The person responsible for picking these leads up just receives an e-mail notification and a summary report as they are just a basic user. 

They pick these leads up and load them into PipeDrive for future tracking but currently don't have access to the attachments unless they are forwarded separately.

We don't really want to license Service Manager for the user as most of the work is done in Pipedrive and we have a separate license there.

Regards,

Will.

@Steve Giller  I've got around this issue. 

It seems that people were trying to attach saved copies of e-mails into the form as when they copy  / pasted it was cutting off the information in the e-mail notification.

This was due to me copying the Notes field into a Custom Field which has a cap of 255 characters.

I've ensures the notes field is capture in the Request Details and linked the Request Details / Description as the variable in the e-mail template.

This now allows entire e-mails to be copied into the Notes field which then get copied to the e-mail and forwarded on.

Based on this I don't think we need to be able to forward attachments.