Updating AD user synchronisation via JSON

RobW

Afternoon, have searched the wiki and our internal documentation (and the person who originally set up Hornbill here departed some time ago so my Hornbill admin is trial and error - most days it feels like more error) however am now a bit stumped and would rather avoid making a mess of Hornbill so posting here.......

We have a batch file which runs as a scheduled task in turn runs a number of separate individual JSON files/scripts(?) which synchronise Hornbill with our AD - looks like there's a separate JSON file for each OU that gets synchronised with Hornbill. Have found https://wiki.hornbill.com/index.php?title=LDAP_User_Import_2.0_(Deprecated) which looks like what was set up when Hornbill was first implemented here and not been touched since.

A new OU was recently created for a new on site 3rd party provider working with our Estates department and as we run Estates on Hornbill this OU needs to be synchronised with Hornbill - as such I believe I'll need to create another JSON file specifically for the new OU and add to the batch file (or can run manually and once confirmed working add to the batch file but I digress). Have looked at the existing JSON files and there's not much going on there (pretty much every section after the Directory Server Connection Details (LDAPServerConf) is blank) so suspect that I'd only need to change the OU details in the DSN field.......

I thought I read somewhere that JSON is a fairly old way of doing this and that there's an LDAP synchronisation tool (as per https://wiki.hornbill.com/index.php?title=LDAP_User_Import) - is this now the preferred way of synchronising Hornbill and AD as if so, I guess I have a bit more work ahead of me!

Thanks!   

Hi @RobW

You will definitely want to migrate to the current LDAP User Import Tool as this has a number of improvements and fixes, caters for changes that Microsoft have made, and brings the config into the Hornbill Platform so you can edit it through the familiar UI rather than typing in a JSON file.

The wiki page has all the information you need, and you can base the configuration on your existing JSON by importing the file.

If you have any further questions after reading the wiki page please ask here so we can assist.

• Like 1