Expired Tasks

Ann

Afternoon

Please would it be possible for some help/advice regarding expired tasks?  I currently have a number of users who have a number of expired tasks but when they try to delete or complete the tasks they are getting the below error message.  Thank you.

Kind Regards

Ann

image.png.1e1effeebedd33390100929fd63c595e.png

Ann:

We are relative newbies on the Hornbill app.  We had multiple approvals that expired, and had similar problems.  We had to edit the Executed BPM's and update the approval node to notify the request timeline that the approval was completed.  Then we saved them and re-ran them from the point of failure.  Hope this is helpful to you, sorry if not...

Kevin K.

• 2 weeks later...

@Ann

As mentioned by Alex, this is not a specific query for Project Manager. I will move this to a more relevant section of the forum.

As stated by the message you see when you try to action on an expired task, this will not be possible. There are reasons as of why the functionality prevents this. May I ask why are you looking into actioning an an expired task?

@Kevin Kennedy same question , if a task is expired why actioning on it? Editing the running workflow (not the general configuration of a workflow) is generally not advisable unless you are quite familiar with how the BPE works or we have advised specifically as such.

• Like 1

Afternoon @Victor

Thank you for your above response.  I have spoken with the engineers again and yes you are right they aren't project manager tasks.  They are showing up in their Active List and are trying to remove them from that list but when filtering it is giving them a different view.  Any ideas on how we could remove them from the list please?

Kind Regards

Ann

4 minutes ago, Ann said:

They are showing up in their Active List and are trying to remove them from that list but when filtering it is giving them a different view.  Any ideas on how we could remove them from the list please?

@Ann create a custom view for activities (or edit the default view) that filters out Expired tasks. For example:

image.png

Once a view is activated by a user it will be automatically displayed (used) next time the user navigates to the activities page. (Note: the last selected view will be the one that will be loaded next time).