Change Date is mandatory on PC but customers appear to be able to bypass?

Adrian Simpkins

Hi All,

I have noticed on a few of our change requests that the implementation date is not always been set in the request. When checking the PC for raising a Change request both the date/time start and the date/time end fields are mandatory. However I notice that on occasion this date is not being set in the request - when I checked the questions the field for capturing the start date / time states 'Not Answered' - is this a known issue or is anyone else seeing this occur at all ?

Many thanks

@Adrian Simpkins where / who is using the progressive capture form?

* Is it your agents in the user app

* supported user via employee portal

* supported user via service portal

All of the above?

Is there anything in your progressive capture - conditional fields / branching which may result in the dates question being skipped under certain conditions?

Steve

• Like 1

Hi Steve, 

Thank you for the response. Currently this process is available to a limited number of users and can be raised either on the Employee Portal, or directly in Hornbill by a full User. The PC has the question set as Mandatory with no options to bypass / branching to affect capture of this (effectively customers should not be able to raise it without entering a start / end date for the scheduled date. however, the examples I have seen only appear to capture the start date, I will find an example and post here - thanks !

Hi Steve, 

I have gone through our latest Change Requests to identify any with the date for implementation that is incorrect / not set:

- 2 Changes have the same start / end time set incorrectly for the implementation fields captured in the PC (both the start / end date / time are the same). However the request raises aok, and it appears to just move through the BPM when it reaches the set Imp node - is this expected or should it throw an error? Is there  anyway to identify these easily other than drilling into each request?

- 1 Change has the end date for implementation set to sometime in 2026 - again the request raised but no imp start / end time set

- 4 Changes have the imp start / end date set in the PC questions, however the request has raised without it using this data to set the imp start / end date? (All other new Changes appear to be populating these fields, however these 4 recent Changes are not)

- 1 Change it appears the customer was able to ignore the mandatory start date field for setting the imp date, but they completed the end date? Both fields are mandatory in the PC so unsure how able to bypass one value (start) and not the other value (end)

It is not a massive issue that this date is not set via the BPM, as we can manually update this once the Change is discussed at CAB. However, I would expect it to populate if the data is available. But as mentioned above this missing data does not stop the BPM progressing,

Many thanks