External Access to Board Manager

Martyn Houghton

+1 if this could be raised as a potential enhancement be done similarly to how public boards work in Trello (minus the commenting on the cards)

The original design of the boards application did not include this as a consideration so its note likely the data model would even support this.  I presume you are talking about providing access to guests who are logged in for security reasons?  

When you say "like Trello boards" is this a read-only view, or are you talking about more access than that?

Gerry

10 minutes ago, Gerry said:

The original design of the boards application did not include this as a consideration so its note likely the data model would even support this.  I presume you are talking about providing access to guests who are logged in for security reasons?  

When you say "like Trello boards" is this a read-only view, or are you talking about more access than that?

Gerry

Hi Gerry,

I was thinking more along the lines of a read only view that only users with access to Hornbill could see.  This would allow the set up of boards used as road maps for upgrades for a particular service for example for visibility purposes or upcoming it projects or downtime that impacts all or parts of the business.

An extension of this if the idea is considered and implemented is that it could also be used as widgets on the employee portal and if allowed, users can click on a card to see more details. Similar to the road map the Hornbill customer success portal.

The ideas are based on what I've seen trello boards used for for various things.

Thanks