FAQ Feedback Reporting

Stephen.whittle

Hi Stephen,

Thanks for your post.  We are currently doing some work around Knowledge Management so I'm interested in your requirement.  I'm assuming that you are looking to understand the age of the likes so you can determine if the likes accumulated a long time ago, or if they are recent.  Or do you have a particular business reason or report that you are trying to achieve?

• Like 2

Hi James, knowledge management couldn't come soon enough so good to hear its on the agenda. 

For this particular request, and I don't think this would be a unique request, I would like the ability to report more so against negative FAQ feedback IE a 'unhappy' thumbs down. The date on this is important to enable a scheduled monthly report sent to service owners to review and respond accordingly to negative FAQ feedback. Following up with our customers is important to us and understanding why the FAQ wasn't helpful. Perhaps it needs updating or doesn't apply to specific scenarios we're not aware of. Without the feedback date we are left with an exhaustive list to go through every review period. 

• Like 1

Hi Stephen,

Thanks for the feedback.  We have some great information on the planned knowledge articles which will be collected for reporting and statistics.  Most of them already include dates, but I'll make sure this is considered too. 

Just a heads up to help with your planning going forward.   FAQs and Knowledge Articles will be two separate knowledge assets.  FAQs really were meant as a quick top X list of things that one would share to users when they first land on self service.  The Knowledge articles will be focused more around the ability to have multiple knowledge bases and a hierarchical topic structure for navigating and relating knowledge articles.  Due to not having specific knowledge articles, I understand that some have jumped on the FAQs to fill this gap and others are using Document Manager.  While they are both valid knowledge assets, the new articles will really bring things together.  We still have a way to go, but it is developing nicely.  

• Like 1

Thanks for the heads up James. We too are using FAQs and document manager to publush content in leiu of having a proper knowledge management solution. It would be great to know some indicative timescales for this new functionality if you are unable to commit to a firm date. This will help with the decision making around effort spent on creating FAQs and published documents as we have a need for this published content now. 

• Thanks 1

On 4/7/2021 at 2:56 AM, Stephen.whittle said:

It would be great to know some indicative timescales for this new functionality if you are unable to commit to a firm date.

@Stephen.whittle

This is much harder than one would think.  I need to decide on the minimum specification that provides enough to make it a viable solution that customers can use in order to get something to the live environment which we can then incrementally build on. Release too soon, with not enough features, and we are flooded with requirements and you have a solution that is not quite fit for purpose.  The alternative is to wait for all the requirements to be completed before making it available, which would take much longer.  

I can say that we will have something for you this year.  I'm excited about this feature and I'm doing what I can to get this too you as soon as possible.

James

On 4/8/2021 at 5:50 PM, James Ainsworth said:

Hi @Martyn Houghton

Yes, Knowledge Articles will be available for the Customer Portal as well as the Employee Portal.

@James Ainsworth sorry to add more to the requirements, but it would be good it be able to distinguish between which portals a Knowledge base item is accessible via. I.e. some we would want only on the Employee Portal and some both etc.

Cheers

Martyn

• 5 months later...

Hi @James Ainsworth Is there any date for the Knowledge Articles to be released?   We are about to launch the employee portal and are trying to work out the best way to store knowledge.

We are putting in FAQs for services and using document manager for more detailed or longer articles but hoping what is due might be a better solution.

I have created a service with nothing but FAQs in it to see how that works for OneDrive as there are so many articles that relate that could be across several services.  And that seems to work ok so far.  Is there a problem with doing that, that hasn't shown up so far?

thanks Helen

Hi Helen,

If the combination of FAQs and Document Manager works for your requirement then I don't see a problem with that approach.  We were working on some new Knowledge Article features, but no timeframe for this at the moment.  Once it is available, the existing FAQs and documents in Document Manager will still be available and a viable solution.  The Knowledge Articles will be in addition to these two items.

Regards,

James