Public Forms

Jeremy

@James Ainsworth we are looking at how we offer some of our services, but if the issue relates to a login issues then as they won't be able to log into self-service we would like the people to able to complete a form to say I can't login.

We can include questions like name, email address, or username and then look up the person and add them as a customer or create a new contact if not.

Thanks Jeremy.   On the customer portal, there are options to allow external people to self register as a new contact.  I'm not that familiar with it, but I'm sure that there is something there.  However, if this is just internal staff, it might be overkill to use the customer portal.  

@Jeremy The description above is a bit confusing, you mention you want to cater for a scenario with login issues, but then the result of the "public form" would be the creation of a new customer, which wouldn't relate to a failed login at all.
As James mentions, creating a new Contact can already be done automatically without the need for a login, but specific examples of the scenario you're facing/expecting would help if we're looking to offer a solution.

So we are exploring reducing our emails that come into us and one idea was to target our users that have forgotten their password or can't log into a system but as we are SSO then they also won't be able to log into self-service so we are looking at having a form that someone can fill in to ask for us to look into their account issue. 

The customer can be blank or not created as far as we are concerned as we can ask questions about who they are to be able to find their account in our system.

We could have a form that we design ourselves and via the API log a request etc but we are exploring the idea of trying to get as much as possible in Service Manager rather than developing side systems to handle these things.