Auto Logging of tickets - When people are swapping e-mails without a reference number in subject or body

GSM

Hi there,

We have auto logging enabled for tickets coming into IT and its working really well, and i attach the screenshot of routing rule that's making that happen.

However,  we've encountered a scenario where if a user e-mails in to IT and includes someone else and then that person responds to the e-mail chain with IT included, and there is no mention of ticket reference etc in the call, it keeps opening new tickets and therefore you end up with 3-4 different ticket numbers being sent to people. I know the system is doing what it is designed to do, but is there anyway to avoid (looking for advise) multiple tickets being generated if the subject is the same in a short space of time?

Capture.JPG

Capture2.JPG

If your email system is set up as Exchange is by default, the subject line of the reply will be prefixed with "RE:" so you could potentially use a NOT LIKE "RE:%" clause to exclude those.

It's really a matter of identifying a pattern that you can use to include/exclude certain emails and translating that into something that the Routing Rule can recognise.

40 minutes ago, Steve Giller said:

If your email system is set up as Exchange is by default, the subject line of the reply will be prefixed with "RE:" so you could potentially use a NOT LIKE "RE:%" clause to exclude those.

It's really a matter of identifying a pattern that you can use to include/exclude certain emails and translating that into something that the Routing Rule can recognise.

You did it again Steve, that appears to be working as i would want it. In case anyone is interested here is the regex to help out community. 

(toAddress LIKE ('%servicedesk@abc.com%') OR ccAddress LIKE ('%servicedesk@abc.com%')) AND subject NOT LIKE "RE:%"