Cannot save a view

ALIPO

Hi

A new Service Managed user is unable to save a View from Manage Assets

image.thumb.png.183a6e223b1ea10e56a4248c786a67d8.png

His roles/permissions are:

image.png.b68d8f97d09b9fa117eb773abd49b238.png

He is able to edit Asset Types and their attributes but just cannot save a View. No errors returned.

Any help gratefully received.

Regards,
Andrew

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/23/2021 at 4:00 PM, ArmandoDM said:

Hi @ALIPO

may you please post a screenshot of what the conditions in the view look like? 

Ideally we would like to replicate the issue for investigation

Regards

Armando

I have been working with our FM department to see whether Service Manager will work for them and demonstrating how to set up a view to filter FM assets from IT but the view for Gareth does not 'save'.

The VIEW is configured like this:
image.thumb.png.0b8f3f6acc2bf744a1904b877374eacd.png

But I suspect security settings or permissions are preventing him being able to 'save' the VIEW

Hi @ALIPO

by the look of the screenshot it looks like the view has already been created, the screenshot is for a view already existing.

The button SAVE will be disabled until you change some conditions on the filter and/or the filter name. I suppose he has changed something before hitting the SAVE button ?

19 minutes ago, ArmandoDM said:

Hi @ALIPO

by the look of the screenshot it looks like the view has already been created, the screenshot is for a view already existing.

The button SAVE will be disabled until you change some conditions on the filter and/or the filter name. I suppose he has changed something before hitting the SAVE button ?

That is the view criteria that I created for me but when trying to create it for my colleague, Gareth, nothing happened, it did not save.

Andrew

3 hours ago, ALIPO said:

when trying to create it for my colleague, Gareth, nothing happened, it did not save

Just to make sure I understand, the issue happens for Gareth when he tries to create (save) the view, not when you try to create a view for Gareth (which is not actually possible - creating a view for someone else). What browsers are used?

14 hours ago, Victor said:

Just to make sure I understand, the issue happens for Gareth when he tries to create (save) the view, not when you try to create a view for Gareth (which is not actually possible - creating a view for someone else). What browsers are used?

Yes Victor, this is for Gareth.