UI Error on home panel

Dan Munns

Hi all,

Sometimes when clicking a tile which opens in a new tab (either automatically or forced (middle clicked)) the panel errors and either compresses (see image) or seems to pop back in but is actually still there so clicking a ticket opens a random page (because you have actually clicked on another application tile/favourite) 

image.png.da2bf96f4ebdb15d6d9fef82f4530cd9.png

This happens in Chrome and Vivaldi (chromium based) at least. Click mode is enabled. Clicking outside the panel does nothing. I have to click the button to reopen it and then click off the panel to hide it properly.

Hi @Dan Munns,

I've seen this once and was never able to replicate it. It also apparently only occurs in Chrome and Chromium based browsers such as Vivaldi, Edge and others. It could also be related to the video driver.

I'll need to keep an eye on this.

If anyone has a replication step for this issue please let us know.

Thanks,

Daniel.

@Daniel Dekel I have managed to replicate it at least 8 times this morning in Vivaldi. 

• Click blue button
  • Click 'Administration' tile
  • Vivaldi auto focuses on newly opened tab
  • Click back to original tab

Crashed UI object happens maybe 1 time out of 8. Seems to happen more if there is not already an open admin tab (though that is not proven)

Hi @Dan Munns,

I've been reading that there is a bug in Chromium regarding CSS animations. As I've mentioned, I saw this issue some time ago but can't anymore. So since Vivaldi is based on Chromium (Same as  Google Chrome and MS Edge) it might have an older version of Chromium. 
we don't support the Vivaldi browser, but I'll try to add a workaround for this bug. If I manage to add it without breaking the current behaviour I'll let you know and you can test it.

Cheers,

Daniel.

• Thanks 1