ITOM Output Variables

Hi 

we creating a script that returns a list of AD groups a user is a member of.

The script writes the list of groups as an array & it writes the console fine

It will not write to the output variable in the ITOM UI. Is there a way i can check if this is just UI limitations or the variable is actually blank?

Are there limitations of the String output parameter type ??

thanks

Andy

Hi @AndyGilly, it looks like you are attempting to store the output of an array into  a string, Hornbill variable types currently do not support the use of arrays.  In order to store the content of an array into a variable you would need to store each element into a separate variable or concatenate each element into a single string.

Regards,

Ricky

Hi @AndyGilly,

The preferred method to do what you need is:

Write-Output "{{SISJobOutputParameterStart:MoverADGroups}}$($output){{SISJobOutputParameterEnd}}"

Note the use of a subexpression $($output), this will ensure your variable is printed as you would expect, in the event it's not of type string.

Cheers,

Steve

Hi @AndyGilly, Looks like your output is in the correct format, however I am unable to verify that as I cannot view the entire string.  Could you post the entire string so that I can ensure that format is correct, and run a test in-house.

Thanks,

Ricky

Hi @Ricky

here you go, 

thanks

Andy

{{SISJobOutputParameterStart:MoverADGroups}}OC-P2000 OC-HR-INDUCTION OC-C&R NA-PROCANDTRAIN NA-PEOPLE-SUNDAYTIMES NA-PEOPLE-MI NA-PEOPLE Debbie Wood - W2B (WCMS) Vacancy Edit (Rep) Trent Training (QlikView) MI People (O365) Teams Direct Routing (O365) Forms (Internet) Video Streaming (Internet) File Sharing (Azure) Docusign SSO (Applic) Sitedata_RO (Applic) PS2000 (Applic) HRRep Senior Managers (Applic) HRRep People Managers (Applic) GIS (Applic) Acrobat #DIST - ROC Daily Report #DIST - Management Reporting #DIST - Fin Docusign SSO-11004472407 #DEPT - People{{SISJobOutputParameterEnd}}

@AndyGillyThanks for the confirmation.  I have tested this in-house and am unable to replicate the issue, and have now passed this to the dev team for investigation to identify the cause and implement a fix if required, and I will keep you updated with any progress.

Ricky

• Thanks 1

HI @Graham

this is the console output, nowhere near as much info as in the monitor

Note: This output has been filtered for readability.
The original PowerShell CLIXML output has been removed.

Get AD Groups for Mover script started
Setting variables...
Running Script
User = DZWOOD
Group are:
adding to querylist: OC-P2000
adding to querylist: OC-HR-INDUCTION
NND

thanks

Andy

• 2 weeks later...