Work flow error

While possible not an issue with the workflow, but rather it looks like something has changed with this user called success or somehow some data has been entered into the owner field that shouldn't be there.   I would look at how the related ticket was created and if there were any previous automated updates that could have added incorrect data to the owner field.  The word success could suggest that the outcome of a previous node has somehow been entered into the owner field.

To correct this, you may just need to reassign the owner of the ticket and then restart the workflow.

I did that a few times assigned to different people in the team but still getting the error:

i reverted workflow back to an old one too but still have error - image.png.e3d43efdbf296e4e919949607a8a0612.png
Could you give some more pointers please? still very stuck ?

You also mention reverting to an old workflow.  Are you saying that this is happening on all new requests that use this workflow?  I was assuming it was just an issue with one particular ticket.  If that's the case, on the initial BPM that you reported the error on, have you tried deleting this node and adding it again?

A task can have both an owner and an assignee.  The assignee is the person that will be performing the task.  The owner is someone that might be overseeing the task.  Setting an owner can be important and add a lot of value.  In most cases the owner would be the manager of the user or the team lead.  The owner can view all the active tasks that they own from the Task List.  This is a great way for them to get an insight into all the work that their team is working on. 

If the Owner field is left blank, it should apply a system account.  I believe it is called BPM Manager.  But I would always recommend putting an actual person as the owner.

An owner also have the ability to reassign or complete a task that is assigned to someone else.

Ok I understand putting me as the owner is fine as im the service desk team lead but how will i see the updates of what the analyst is doing? does that mean i have to go to each ticket and see this or would i get an email or would i be added as a member? 

Thank you btw really helpful!

Hi Shamaila,

There is a right hand panel that shows you information about activities, include the ones that you own.  You will also get notifications about activities here.

image.png

Or you can go to the full Activity list where you can get detailed information about the activities your team are working on.  

image.png