Enhancement request - Scheduled bulletins can adjust service availability

Michael Sharp

Hi, been looking at our bulletins and thought it would be a good addition for scheduled bulletins to be able to toggle the service availability automatically when presented.  For example my bulletin below would mark our Desktop service as Impacted between 13:00 and 14:00.

image.png.1350730aa6362c2f350e03c963440972.png

Regards,

Mike.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, James Ainsworth said:

@Michael Sharp

Rather than having bulletins drive the service availability, this should come from the planned change for the maintenance.  I'm aware that there are a few requirements for creating bulletins from a changes request workflow, but it is more likely that this will be the approach that is taken. 

This is great thank you - obviously this is applicable to changes but thought I’d suggest what sounded like an easier win. Could this apply to known issues or service statuses also?

Regards,

Mike. 

21 hours ago, James Ainsworth said:

I believe that there is already an option in the BPM for changing the service status.  The ability to create a bulletin would be usable by any workflow for any request type.  

Can this only be visible during the scheduled times for the change or is it reliant on the BPM being progressed?

If we add the ability to publish bulletins using a BPM, then you would be able to do this at any point in the BPM.  So, one bulletin for an advanced notice and then another during the change.  I have to say that we did already look at adding bulletins to the BPM and there were a lot a challenges involved.  It will need further investigation before we can commit to providing something like this.