CAB Approver Role- Not working

Adnan Zamurred

Hi,

I created a CAB Approver role and assigned it to handful staff members. I then assigned the role to the Human Task in the BPM. My assumption was, whoever has the CAB approver role assigned will only be able to complete the Human Task. But it seems like that is not the case? Can someone help and guide me on how this can be done? 

Below is a screenshot of the Human Task

image.png.15909e43191b32bf9e13df4fe8222aed.png

Below is the roles assign to a user who managed to process the human task without having a CAB Approver role

image.png.00ac7ff1b585b91cd25fa268b9bd77c7.png

Hi @Steve Giller,

Many thanks for the prompt response, just read through the link you sent above.

Is there anyway so that the '...Full Access' roles allows completing tasks that you are not directly assigned to except where the task is assigned to e.g. CAB approver role.

The reason is, there is many cases where the users with the '...Full Access' roles should be able to complete tasks which they are not assigned to. However, some processes have high importance tasks which are completed by Head of service or a group of people, e.g. CAB Approvers, so giving access to approve any task can cause a lot of issues.  

So we are a bit stuck in the middle of leaving the setting on or off. 

I've found if the task is assigned to a team (not role), only those members of the team can open the task.

So you could create a new team eg. Change Approvers and see if that restricts access.

Nasim

• Thanks 1

@Adnan Zamurred if you are looking to use the CAB Approvers role as an approval vehicle, have you considered the: 

Get Authorisers by Role option (as shown below)

image.png

If you use this node, and specify your Role in the assignment role field, you can then follow this node with an Auto Assign Authorisation node.

image.png

The users with this role will be added as approvers, and because it it an authorisation, only the assigned approvers or the authorisation owner will be able to make the authorisation decisions.  

Hope that helps

• Thanks 1