Azure SSO Failing

Michael Sharp

Apologies, didn't know where to camp this request.  I'm having difficulty getting the Azure SSO to work and wondered if you could help please?  Have followed the guide as per:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/active-directory/saas-apps/hornbill-tutorial#configure-azure-ad-single-sign-on

Have used the Test single sign on in Azure which appears to work successfully (perhaps a cached authentication though), however getting an error on all other devices when trying to access https://live.hornbill.com/OURDOMAIN as below:

image.png.e1ca04247479d1863496e4cfd005f208.png

Please can you help?

Thanks,

Mike.

So after further testing, my issue seems to be that the login ID does not match the Microsoft login username.  How can I service the transition to Azure SSO for my hundreds of users if this needs to be adjusted to match each one???

Looping in @Bob Dickinson who is usually very helpful, sorry :)

Regards,

Mike.

Hi @Michael Sharp

Just to confirm - this is the first time you are trying to set up SSO? I.e this hasn’t been working for you previously and has suddenly stopped working? 

If that’s the case, then I can give you some pointers as part of our next session - I need to book this in with you to discuss the usage of the most up-to-date SLA functionality, so I will contact you personally in the morning to find a time for this.

You are exactly right, the solution is likely to utilise the Login ID of your users - we can discuss you set up further on our call.

Thanks

Bob

@Bob Dickinson thanks for picking this up, appreciate your time.  ADFS is currently based on-premise for us (working fine) however is a single point of failure for a growing number of applications now (we don't have a clustered service).  Also this requires a further manual login when using SSO outside the network perimeter which has caused issues for what is very much now a remote workforce.  I'm exploring the use of Azure SSO as a more robust/resilient solution which can also enable us to further secure the systems that this authenticates too.

Will drop you my mobile in a DM which will be the best number to get me on.

Regards and thanks,

Mike.