Asset search not returning any information

Mark (ESC)

Currently have this issue with a couple of users.

Searching for an asset that does exist in the Asset Register returns the following screen below.  Working for many but not for two users.

Users affected have tried the the issue on Edge, Chrome and IE.  But same result for all :(

image.jpeg.67a3b4eba09770d40cb9888ee75fb1b7.jpeg

Hi Mark,

Thanks for your post.  From your screen shot I'm assuming that the asset that was searched for was displayed on the results list, and what we are seeing is the view after the asset was clicked on.  Is that right?

I would possibly start with looking at user rights.  If all but a couple of users can access this same asset, then it is possible that there is something that it is trying to load that they don't have rights to.  If we find that this is the case, the we would need to ensure that a message is provided to tell the user that they don't have the right to access.  It might be worth comparing the roles between a user the works and one that doesn't.

2 hours ago, Nikolaj said:

Hi @James Ainsworth i found out that it must have something to do with our created roles for "service manager asset user". Did you have changed something there? Because when i give now this kind of users the default "Asset Managemnet user" role it works. But this was 100% not before.

best regards

Nikolaj

i Think this is the same problem

@James Ainsworth @Nikolaj

Found the solution, bit of a strange one.

The two users, now five were set as 'Asset Management (Read Only)', and previously they have been able to view asset without any issues.  For some reason that setting resulted in my initial screenshot.

I have now set them to 'Asset Manager User' and they are now able to search and view assets as they did before.

Thanks for you replies.

Hi Nikolaj,

If you are having an issue with custom roles, you may be able to see the errors from within the Monitor Log Files section of Admin where you can see any issues.  While viewing the EspServerService log file, have one of the users try to open the asset form.  This hopefully will give you some feedback as to what is missing.  I don't personally have access to your system so I can't help with the roles without knowing if there is a particular error message that shows a missing right. 

I'd also be interested to know what this particular role is for or what you are trying to achieve with this role.

Regards,

James

HI @James Ainsworth we don't had any isuues with this roles in the past. Only after the last update they are not working anymore. We have this roles for our support users that they can edit assets but we dont want to give them all an admin role that's why we creat roles like this. So it was working well the last years we never had problems. But now they cannot load and view assets.

When i look in the error file it is loading and loading nothing happens.

best regards

Nikolaj

• 1 month later...