Linked Requests not Found

Jamie Talbot

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Jamie

I have tried linking on our instance and it seems to be returning requests with no issues, I presume the request you are trying to link sits under the same service domain? This is the only thing I could think of is that the request you are trying to link sits under another Service Domain?

Many thanks

Hi @Adrian Simpkins,

Thank you for your reply.

It seems to be any ticket number I try to link is not found. The image below show tickets that are assigned to me.

image.png.54121c81e4eeeb9c928f8c0863345f00.png

If I go into SR00008155 and try to linked any other ticket assigned to me I get the below message.

image.png.4e2ef92dedb486c8f50b9861faa8e8ed.png

This is happening to all users on our instance.

Best Regards

Jamie

Hi Jamie,

I have just tried this again on one of my requests and it is linking still with no issues. As mentioned above the only thing I thought may stop linking requests is if you are trying to link requests from different Service Domains, but looking at your list I presume these are all requests raised under the same Domain.

I do not believe there are any Settings that need activating for Linking requests to work and it should work out of the box. So if this is happening to all your Users it may be an issue somewhere on your instance. I would raise a Support Ticket and get someone to check further from Hornbill just in case, 

Many thanks

Adrian

@Jamie Talbot the requests you are trying to link... when were they raised? If they were raised recently (by this I mean in the past 5-10 min) then they won't show up in the search result. This is something that won't happen anymore once Index engine 2.0 is deployed (don't ask, all I know at this point is soon). However, if the requests were raised before the above mentioned time frame then we might face a possible issue with the (missig) indexed data in which case we need to perform a reidex on ITSM data storage...

• Like 1

@Jamie Talbot I see, then most likely is the missing index data scenario... any chance you can schedule a reindexing exercise in your instance? There is information about indexes and how a re-index is performed here: https://wiki.hornbill.com/index.php?title=Index_Storage. We are looking to reindex the "hornbillitsm" storage.

EDIT: @Daniel post... I forgot about it... *sigh... that's actually a good idea, worth checking for that setting ... thanks for the reminder! (need a holiday)

• Like 1