How to create a new Asset Class in Service Manager to accommodate FM asset types in amongst IT asset types

ALIPO

Hi

We are looking to capture FM assets in Service Manager along with IT Assets and in order to do this I need to be able to create a new Asset Class of FM so that I can create FM specific Asset Types.

Our instance is configured with General (Asset Class) and Furniture (Asset Type) underneath but I cannot see how to create a new Asset Type of FM to enable me to create FM Asset Types, eg Desk 1600, Manual Desk 1600, Electric Desk 1600, Conference Table 1600, Standard Chair, Ergo Chair etc (you get the drift). I could add all of these desk types under General (as opposed to just furniture) but thought it better to have a top class of FM (could be easier for reporting etc).

@Hornbill Support Teamplease advise if this is possible and how to go about configuring Service Manager to achieve this result.

@anyone else - has anyone used Service Manager in this way and do you have any tips please?

Regards,

Andrew

Customers don't have the option to create new Asset Classes. What I have done is rename some of the other Asset Classes (relabelled via Translations). On the whole it works OK with just a few places where the original name is seen (generally when you are doing reports or in BPM's).

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Frank Reay said:

Customers don't have the option to create new Asset Classes. What I have done is rename some of the other Asset Classes (relabelled via Translations). On the whole it works OK with just a few places where the original name is seen (generally when you are doing reports or in BPM's).

Cheers @Frank Reay