Issues with emails this morning? [RESOLVED]

chriscorcoran
Message added by Victor,

A fix has now been deployed in all affected instances that should resolve the issue.

NOTE: once the fix is deployed, the emails that failed to be delivered will be automatically be (re)sent, assuming they didn't reach their attempt threshold (which should not be the case this time)

It appears that we did not correctly evaluate the delivery state of the affected emails. These email were and are not automatically resent. We are looking to do a mass force retry which will re-send them.

We have performed a forced resend on all failed emails.

• Victor changed the title to Issues with emails this morning? [RESOLVED]

@all

It appears that we did not correctly evaluate the delivery state of the affected emails. These email were and are not automatically resent. We are looking to do a mass force retry which will re-send them.

Will come back with updates shortly.

@LifeOfJonny there won't be anything for the Status. This is reserved for availability issues where the service itself is not available or otherwise impacted. We define this as "a failure in the production operation of the service rendering the service unavailable or critically impaired". Although the email is an important functionality in Hornbill, and any issues with it are treated with the appropriate urgency, this was not an availability event. The service was operational and email functionality partially affected. And, I will mention again, just because an important issue is does not make its way to the Status page, for the above mentioned reasons, does not mean it is not treated with the appropriate urgency and priority.

• Sad 1

@LifeOfJonny I would not take that away from the above. If I may suggest, you could look at this if your service is available, if you can log in and use the majority of Hornbill functionality, then there won't be anything on the Status page and forum would be a place to go. If, however, your service is unavailable or you can't use Hornbill then that should be posted on Status page. Also you don't have to look at the status page (as in monitoring it). You can always subscribe to Hornbill Status page and you will be notified by email when an incident is posted there.

• Like 1

Are there still any issues with sending e-mails as I've just had reports that there's 50+ in our outbox here - all pending and appear to have had a number of attempts to resend. Seems intermittent as can send direct to myself from our servicedesk inbox in Hornbill if that makes sense.

Not going to lie, could have done without that this morning :-( 

@Victor - we have now have almost 60 messages sitting in the Outbox. Oldest appears to date back to 2/2. Have tried forcibly resending however attempt fails. I'm stumped - can raise with our infrastructure however don't recall any major 365 changes (none that we're aware of anyway).

EDITED BY ADMIN: Image removed - personal data (email address)

Edited by Victor
Personal data included in screenshot

Saw the screenshot had been deleted - sorry.

I appreciate there should be an error in the logs - didn't want to copy the whole thing for obvious reasons but I'm also trying to deal with some staff issues here while doing a compulsory training session. 

I really wish pubs were open.