Add X-header to emails sent from Hornbill instance

sbovey

Hi

is it possible to add an x-header to emails sent from Hornbill? we use an smtp smart host to filter and capture all emails sent from hornbill but since moving to O365 are having some problems with antispoof protection.  Is our only option to move to direct outbound mail processing? (which means losing the ability to capture the outbound email)

Thanks in advance

Scott

Scott

It would be useful if you could expand on the nature of the problems that you're experiencing with the antispoof protection, and if I could get a clearer idea what you mean by "use an smtp smart host to filter and capture all emails". I'm assuming that the smart host is storing Hornbill emails in a mailbox as well as forwarding them on to their final destination, but you know what they say about assumption...

Graham

Hi Graham

On 2/1/2021 at 9:08 PM, Graham said:

Scott

It would be useful if you could expand on the nature of the problems that you're experiencing with the antispoof protection, and if I could get a clearer idea what you mean by "use an smtp smart host to filter and capture all emails". I'm assuming that the smart host is storing Hornbill emails in a mailbox as well as forwarding them on to their final destination, but you know what they say about assumption...

Graham

Thanks for the reply.  We have just changed outbound mail routing to direct now (rather than smart host) but problem is the same.  Our MX records point to our seperate email gateways which then forward on our emails to O365; In order to protect against anyone else in O365 spoofing our email addresses we add a header to all emails originating from our domains (so in O365 email rules we add a header, the same for any on premise relays); if that header isnt detected when an email comes from our domain to our domain it gets stopped as potential spoofing.  The problem we have is we don't control the outbound hornbill emails (from our domain address) and so cant add the header we need in the email in order for it to pass this spoof detection rule.  Hopefully that makes sense! thanks Scott.