PCF - enhancement - don't raise a request

Jeremy

So we have multiple users (staff, students, etc) which we can identify by their email address in the PCF and then either let them complete the form or show them a message saying you are not logged in with a suitable account.

image.png.73f73f8a5a990529df88e69b6bca6f2c.png

However even when it drops into the Incorrect account if thy press finish it logs a request...can we prevent a request from being raised? As we then have to add to the BPM if this is student email address then cancel the request. So we are generating data for no reason.

• Like 2

Guest Paul Alexander

+1 for this please.....

We have a few requests like this and we have to deal with them through the BPM, which isn't ideal

+1 for us too, we have some PC's where it branches off and we advise the Customer to Cancel this request and raise it under the correct Service, but the Customer can still click Next and raise the request. it would be great to have a way to end the PC in these scenarios through the process, rather than relying on the Customer to select Cancel.

An example would be our Place an Order process where we specify Laptops should not be raised under this Service and point the Customers to our Remote Service instead. Not all, but a number of Customers choose to ignore this advice, then raise the request and we then have to go back to them to Cancel the incorrect request and get them to raise it under the correct Service

Thanks !

23 minutes ago, Steve Giller said:

Would it not be better to simply not subscribe those accounts to that Service/CI?

@Steve Giller that would normally be the case but there is not a consistent way of use achieving this currently due to having to include groups, rather than exclude groups to the Service.

But also these services are available to those groups e.g. student need to be able to raise issues with hardware but then for them not to have access to the order hardware CI is basically impossible at the moment. It doesn't help that that parental rights of the groups/organisations in Service Manger are not correctly honoring the levels of parent/child relationships.

Either way it would be good to have this functionality as we have several self help forms where you troubleshoot and when you get to a point that fixes it they should just be able to finish/cancel to then not raise a request if the pcf is fixed their issue.

11 minutes ago, Jeremy said:

Either way it would be good to have this functionality as we have several self help forms where you troubleshoot and when you get to a point that fixes it they should just be able to finish/cancel to then not raise a request if the pcf is fixed their issue.

If you raise a request and autoclose it you have valuable data on how many Users self-help - this indicates whether your steps are effective or need reviewing, for example.

11 minutes ago, Jeremy said:

student need to be able to raise issues with hardware but then for them not to have access to the order hardware CI is basically impossible at the moment.

You can exclude groups from a CI even if they subscribe to the Service:
image.png

Guest Paul Alexander

We have a couple of forms where people can ask for access to specific bits of software, but the enrolment forms for those requests are on a Sharepoint system (as they need to be approved by specific people, and we also need a list of current 'live' jobs which we can get automatically from Sharepoint but where there's no real, automatic way of getting it in to Hornbill - add to that the fact that some drop downs are dependent on previous drop downs, which is easier to deal with in a Sharepoint form).

We still need a CI for these on the Portal, however all we do is point them in the right direction and ask them to cancel the request. Invariably they DON'T press the cancel button, but they do press the 'finish' button which logs a request. Although that request doesn't go anywhere (and is dealt with by cancelling it in the BPM) it's an example of how an option in the PCF to NOT log the call would be useful....

thanks

• 3 weeks later...

FYI, I have found a way to do this in the short-term. @Paul Alexander @HGrigsby @Adrian Simpkins @Alisha

If you have a label that is mandatory then it prevents the 'Finish' button from being clicked. So we have a decision which branches if a certain customer/question is answered or displays a note saying not to continue and we make this label mandatory, therefore not allowing the customer to submit that request.

• Like 3

Guest Paul Alexander

Thanks @Jeremy

I'll give it a look....we were trying a different but similar approach of having the customer tick a box to say that they'd read and could confirm some information which, if NOT ticked, prevented the form from moving on.  Obviously, the problem with that is that there's nothing actually stopping them from ticking the box, but it at least gave them something to think about before progressing! 

@Jeremy

As an alternative approach we use a mandatory field with a specific Regex validation on it, in essence they would need to know a specific value in order to be complete the form, to stop them from logging the request, but provides a way to allow them to log one in a special circumstances if we provide them with a code.

Perhaps the answer is a End Node which does not spawn a BPM and sets it as closed?

Cheers

Martyn

• Like 3

• 6 months later...

Hi @Jeremy

Hope you well :) 

I have tried the above suggested solution where i have made the label a mandatory field but it still appears to let me click Finish and raise the request - can i check on your config do you still see the Finish button but are unable to select it? 

I have implemented Martin's suggestion as we already capture a Yes / No response to a required piece of documentation so I will use this to close the request if it is raised without the documentation so this helps in some scenarios, but I have some other processes where I currently do not have a question that I can use to do this, so being able to just prevent clicking Finish will be perfect

Many thanks

Adrian

• 3 weeks later...

Hi - I've come across a need to do this for another process, where if certain choices are made they are directed to the intranet helpdesk,  so can I ask again for an option to finish without logging a ticket.  I've got the field with a regex in it which does work and an autoclose if they do log it but it would be much neater it it could just cancel it.