SLA's against Problem and Known Error's

Adrian Simpkins

Hi All,

Just wanted to clarify would an SLA trigger against a Problem or Known Error when set against a Service with SLA setup? Reason I ask is I based my initial BPM's for Problem and Known Errors using the provided Hornbill example which has nodes in it for starting / stopping Resolve and Resolution timers. However, when I raise a request there is no Response / Resolution timers showing in the Information panel - is this correct ? I can see why we may not want to apply an SLA to a Problem or Known Error

Many thanks !

@Adrian Simpkins

On the presumption that you have an SLA linked to the Service which the Problem/Known Error catalog item is under, then it might well be down to the SLA Rules either at the Service Level if you have multiple SLA linked to the service, or the rules within the SLA itself. Perhaps your rules are using request type as a condition, so a SLA is not applied when the Start Timer nodes are called.

Cheers

Martyn

• Like 1

Hi All,

Just to confirm I have fixed the issue - the example Problem BPM has the Start Respond / Resolve Timers before the evaluation of the Priority, so of course the system will not start either timer until a Priority is set. I have moved these start nodes to trigger after the evaluation of the Priority takes place, and it is now showing the timers as expected in the Information panel

Many thanks as always !

• Like 1