Error message when completing request details

Adam@Greggs

We are receiving an error message when completing request details (whether change, service request or incident):

"The following error(s) were encountered while logging the request :

There was a problem registering the business process for this request. Please contact your system administrator."

After OK'ing the message, all seems OK but users are reporting the message to IT.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Are the requests being raised under the correct service, or request catalog item with the expected BPM workflow attached? I've seen this message before when the expected BPM was disabled and the request could not find the BPM that was set as the default.

Are these requests all under the same service?

It appears to be all BPMs that I've tested so far. Some include a prog cap with a number of questions, others just have an out-of-the-box progcap to move the request along. The requests seem OK once logged, but change requests don't appear to assign to the team that is set in the BPM.

It's very strange.

I'm thinking that the team assignments are not happening because there is either no BPM or the wrong BPM.  The BPM is only applied one a request is raised.  Progressive Capture -> Raised Request -> BPM associated to request

At the top of the change record where the team is not being assigned, is there a green BPM Progress Tracker at the top of the request?

image.png

In the application settings there are defaults that can be configured.  This would be a starting point to have a look if any of these are set to BPMs that have been de-activated.

image.png

In the list of BPMs under Service Manager, have a look to see if any of the BPMs have been made inactive.  You may find that the one of the default, or the BPM that is expected to be set against the request has been de-activated.  

image.png

Let me know if you find anything.

Thanks for the advice.

I've added defaults where there wasn't any and checked for disabled processes, but still getting the error. The HUD is also not displaying on any new requests where the error appeared (which is all at the moment), but on existing requests the HUD is displaying fine. It seems that only change requests are failing to assign, the SR and IN apply to teams fine and just receive the error and don't see the HUD in the request.

Anything else we can check?

@James Ainsworth I've created a brand new service and applied a prog cap and BPM to it and we still receive the same error. It's almost as if when the prog capture ends, the BPM doesn't start:image.png.d5cf6803f4ed1379b8ee69862f09301e.png

Requests until mid-morning yesterday were fine, but then we started to receive notifications that some were receiving to error message. 

Starting to become a more major problem as the shop contact form that converts their ID into their Hornbill ID isn't working and impacting operation.