Auto response creates a new call - instead of updating the original call

Ann-MarieHolloway

Good Morning,

I have created a routing rule in Service Manager to automatically update a call when a response is received "fromDomain LIKE '%ipo.gov.uk' AND REGEX_MATCH(subject, '.*\b[a-zA-Z]{2}[0-9]{8}\b.*')"  however I have some calls that create a new call, rather that update the original.

Do I simply need to change the order for this rule or am I missing something obvious?

Your guidance, as always is greatly appreciated

Hi @Ann-MarieHolloway

Thanks for the post.   If it is just some cases that create new calls while most correctly update then the most likely cause as you say is that a rule above it is being processed first (rules will be processed top to bottom) which is set to create a call or perhaps the expression did not match on those specific calls and you would need to check that the request reference is being correctly matched.

You probably already have checked here, but just for reference I'll point to the docs here https://wiki.hornbill.com/index.php?title=Email_Routing_Rules , might be worth checking the last couple of lines regarding reference in the routing rule if you are using the mentioned operations.

Kind Regards,

Dave.

• Like 1