Requiring Filtering/Reporting on Incidents / Service Department which are located within particular Dept

JoanneG

Good Morning

I have been tasked with looking into how we can filter or report on Incidents / Service Requests which are in a particular Department i.e. Ward A.  For example due to COVID we are wanting to escalate request on particular department such as a Ward to ensure they are completed as a priority... then we are wanting to report on Requests Resolved/closed.

At the moment i can only filter on a particular site... which is entered on the user logging the request.  Not sure how best to do this, do you do it in the business process or Progressive Capture?  Like we have h_summary and h_description, is there already field which can be used or would you just need a custom field... for this?

Help... 

Many thanks

Joanne 

Hi @JoanneG

Thanks for the post.  Firstly it sounds like a request custom field would be the likely way forward here, this would keep the value stored against the request, allow you to report/filter on that value and perform escalations based on that value.

Whether you use progressive capture to populate that data really depends on where you are able to capture it.  If you want the person raising the request to select the ward from a list etc as part of the raising process then a progressive capture custom form https://wiki.hornbill.com/index.php?title=Customised_Forms could be used to do this and you can map that selection into a request custom form as detailed here https://wiki.hornbill.com/index.php?title=Mapping_Fields_from_Customised_Forms

On the other hand if you have any means to automatically determine the ward then you could automate the population of the value from within a BPM process, again populating the custom field which you can then use to filter etc.

Hope that helps, if you need any more info just post back.

Kind Regards,

Dave.

• Like 1