Customer feedback alerts?

Alberto M

Hi all.

Will it be any way to trigger an alert when a specific star rating feedback is provided to a request by the request customer? We would like to alert the service owners with an email when a bad star rating is provided by the customer.

This would be even better for the feedback questions, when specific answers to feedback questions are provided by the customer.

Thanks

Alberto

@Alberto M you can certainly configure the first part of this into your business processes - the h_rating is available in the Get Request operation, so after your suspend await feedback, you can have a get request info node, followed by a decision and set your logic for what star rating you want to branch on - after that it is the normal send email operations to notify the required persons.  

I've attached an example process from our sandbox, which in the final stage (Resolution), does an assessment on the star rating and performs a few actions - send email, schedule a ticket review task etc.  

remote-access-issue-v2.draft.bpm (2).txt

Hope that helps give you some ideas

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks, @Steven Boardman.

I'll check this in more detail tomorrow. Meanwhile, without checking this in detail, does this works if the customer provides the feedback only after several days of request closure?

In our resolution step, we send an email to the customer notifying about the resolution and suggesting the user to provide feedback. Our feedback expiry are set to several days and the user can provide the feedback even when the request is already closed.

Regards.

@Alberto M it's fine, if you use the suspend await feedback once the request for feedback is sent (after the closure of the request), as feedback can only be provided on a closed (not resolved request),  you can have a branch which caters for the feedback expiring where no feedback is provided (expired), and if feedback is given, from there you can check for the actual star rating for those where feedback was left.  The example, caters for this scenario i believe. 

• Thanks 1

@Alberto M so all that is needed, is that you have the request in a closed status which is what you have in the example above.  Assuming that you have customer feedback enabled on the services and request types, against which the requests running this process are logged, then the feedback will be automatically initiated.   You may want to include an email node which uses an email template and that template includes a link back to the request and asks the customer to click on it to provide feedback, that should help with uptake on the level of feedback received.  

From there you can use the suspend await feedback node - this can be anywhere after the wait for closure node in the example you have shared, as you simple have an stage checkpoint node and a boards node to remove the request once closed - so you may decide to do this before the feedback is requested, or leave it until the feedback is received or the feedback period has expired if no feedback is forthcoming. 

Hopefully the example process i shared above, will give you the idea of the nodes which you can use to follow the suspend await feedback node

Steve

• Thanks 1

@Steven Boardman, hi.

I'm trying to set an email to be sent to the customer two days after the request has been closed and the suspend await feedback has been reached.

I've set two days in the suspend await feedback node and, if the stage expires, I send the email to the customer but then, setting an additional suspend await feedback node after the email has been sent seems not to be the solution - as the stage has already expired - right?

Any suggestion on how to deal with this?

Many thanks.

Alberto

image.png.d76805659ce2e393a981d19ea7b55371.png

@Alberto M if i understand correctly what you are looking to do, i am not sure this is possible.   

Once a customer is asked for feedback (which occurs automatically on the closure of the ticket, if you have configured the service and request type against which the ticket has been logged to use it), there are only three possible outcomes

1. Feedback is provided (either immediately or they click 'later' and come back to it, but ultimately they do provide the feedback

2. The customer consciously opts out of providing the feedback - using the 'No Thanks' option.  

3. The Feedback request expires  - if you have set a number of days which the feedback request is valid for.  

Once the request is in a suspend await feedback, it is essentially waiting for one of these three outcomes to occur.  

* There is no option in there to be able to send a reminder email after a couple of day's i'm afraid 

* If the feedback request expires, it is not possible to re-issue the request for feedback, it is simply recorded as expired.      

I hope that makes sense and i have interpreted what you were trying to achieve, if i have misunderstood please let me know

@Steven Boardman, it's that, yes.

We have set several days for feedback expiry. What we would like to achieve is to get more feedback from our users by sending them a reminder after a couple of days because we think a lot of the expiring feedback are caused by the user receiving the resolve email asking for feedback and thinking "Errr... not now, that I'm busy", and then forgetting to provide feedback.

@Alberto M I've not had time to test this, but I'm thinking that if you have the Workflow place the Request on hold for two days (with a Sub-Status of "Awaiting Feedback" so Users know not to touch it) and when that expires have a Get Request Details and check for a Feedback Rating.
If there is one, the Customer has fed back and you can end the Workflow, if not you send a reminder email and use the Wait For Customer Feedback node.

@Steve Giller, thanks for the suggestion, however, I don't think we want the request "contaminated" by an additional on hold event, as the on hold event, for us, means that we had to set the request on hold for some reason and we do some analysis on on hold requests.

I'll check this with our team but it worth having the possibility to send the feedback reminder after a couple of days.

@Alberto M The "On Hold" is really a visual thing - you could have a Sub-Status of "Awaiting Feedback" that does not place the Request on hold, or use a different Suspend node - there is a simple Suspend -> Await Expiry, for example - that step was simply to ensure the Analysts know that the Request is awaiting feedback and they have no further actions required and may even not be necessary for you.

• Thanks 1

@Steve Giller, hi.

I've tested with this approach and it works... except that, as we want to notify the service owner as soon as the request receives a bad feedback, if the customer provides the feedback before the reminder, the service owner doesn't receive the email notification until the two days for reminder happens, which doesn't help.

The first suspend is set with Suspend -> Await Expiry and the second suspend, after the reminder is set with Suspend -> Await for Customer Feedback. I'm checking the decisions for existing feedback.

regards,

Alberto

image.png.a8051fd6604d8afbe6e65aeef6adc485.png

@Alberto M Unfortunately, if you want to wait for Feedback, send the reminder, then wait again that's the compromise you have to use and only you can decide if it brings enough value.

You could experiment with using alternative Suspend nodes, for example if feedback counts as an update that might be a good fit - but then you have a different compromise that if any update (other than feedback) is applied the waiting period will be cancelled and the email will be sent.

• Thanks 1

@Martyn Houghton, thanks for the suggestion.

I was thinking about using a parallel process and testing it once I have some time available.

Path 1 - Suspend -> Await Expiry only to send the reminder after 2 days and send the reminder email if the feedback field has no feedback;

Path 2 - Suspend -> Await for Customer Feedback to trigger the email notification of bad feedback once feedback is provided.

Should this work?

Regards,

Alberto