Common workflow nodes to all business processes

Hi.

When you have almost 20 business processes and you have "blocks" of nodes that are common in almost all the business processes - and those "blocks" of nodes are not identified as BP stages, having only one "entry node" and one "exit node" - whenever I have a change to make, I need to go to each BP and do the same change.

I don't know if this is something that has been talked before but, would it be a way to have those "blocks" of nodes to be designed "outside" the BPs and then be called from within the BPs like if they were "functions" or "subroutines"?

With such approach, whenever I had to change something in nodes of those "blocks", I would only need to change one "block" and not all the BPs.

(sorry about the clumsy image, but I tried to explain with it)

Cheers,

A.

image.thumb.png.db75cbf8ab890029f478a91f5b2ffdaa.png

image.png

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Thanks @Victor - sounds promising.  So, it sounds like something we can create and manage outside the BPM but invoked within the BPM, meaning it can be reused multiple times, but if changes need to be made, it can be done once.

Just now, samwoo said:

So, it sounds like something we can create and manage outside the BPM but invoked within the BPM

Not sure where it will reside but in terms of technology it is more like something you create and manage inside BPM and invoke within BPM. If it helps, think of an auto-task that can be invoked from a workflow. Might be their own section or might actually reside with all other workflows.

• 2 years later...

Adding to this thread instead of creating a new one - I foolishly created an Auto Task before realising they cannot be called from a Business Process.

We use the same nodes when emailing customers at the point request is resolved across many BPs. We want to change the process across all BPs but adding/updating the nodes is time consuming and at great risk of human error.

This is what the auto task looks like ('Request cancelled' is a Closure Category, not 'Cancelled' request status)

image.thumb.png.81e43fc69c427d05f87228d72dac25c8.png

Did we eventually see an enhancement to provide something like Auto Tasks within a Business Process?