Sent Email message not appearing on Timeline

sprasad

We have recently discovered that if an email exceeds the character limit, the details are not added to the timeline.
To the user, this would imply that the Email has not been sent but as the character limit does not apply to the Email, that is sent successfully.

We have discussed with Hornbill Support who advised as follows:

- the email is so big that the resulting timeline update exceeds the limit:

[WARNING]:[COMMS] Operation[activity::postMessage] The text posted has exceeded the maximum allowable size by 906 characters

This limit doesn't apply to the email, so that is sent.

Currently, as there is no indication that the email has been sent, please can I log a change request so that the user gets a confirmation that the email was sent (either a truncated version or just a timeline entry stating "An email has been sent" or similar)
This would be more efficient, with the usual option to view the email from the more (3 dots) menu if you need to read it.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Morning @Daniel Dekel @Steve Giller Can I check if there is any update on this, please?  Where this situation occurs, it becomes very time consuming as the team doing chase ups can't see the last email and contacts the analyst.  The analyst then contacts me to search the Sent Items.
I find the original email and apply to the Request.
I then contact the chase team who then process the chase, so I hope you appreciate the Impact this is having on us.

Thank you. 

• Like 1

@Daniel Dekel @Steve Giller

From the update back in January 5th 2021, it seems this is a known issue? Is there a reference number for this?

Cheers

Martyn

On 1/5/2021 at 8:20 AM, Steve Giller said:

@Daniel Dekel This is occurring when sending an email with a very large body from a Request - the Request Timeline rejects the update but the email is successfully sent, but as there's no Timeline entry the User may not realise that the email was successful.

@Steve Giller

Are you suggesting the design is to insert a timeline update for every sent email, except when it is a large one and it just skips this step without error or any entry in the timeline?

Sounds more like a bug to me.

We can always log as a support incident if that make it easier to raise it as a bug?

Cheers

Martyn

• 1 month later...