Enforcing linked ticket when cancelling request as duplicate

James Gallally

Hello,

Is it possible to have it setup so that when an incident is canceled with the option of Duplicate it prompts you to link it to the duplicate incident or failing that wont let you save and cancel the ticket without it being linked? Currently I can close a ticket as duplicate and not have it linked to the originating duplicate ticket.

1464634930_2020-12-2313_02_38-Window.png.41d7296613a5a76727d046f7d28892b4.png

Thanks

James 

• 2 weeks later...

@Deen I assumed I could, however I am struggling to see what options I should be using. I've gone through Hornbill Automation -> Service Manager/Entity/Requests and then gone through all Types and their options - nothing jumps out at me. I can see that I can lock it by Access Control/Lock Actions, but that is as close as I have come. 

Thanks

@James Gallally You can set up a Hornbill Automation node similar to the following with the 'Lock Cancel Request' option set. 

image.png

You can then have a Human Task following it that prompts the user to link to the duplicate request.  Once complete this would then move onto another node similar to the above that then unlocks the Cancel option.

• Like 1