One of our Hornbill mailboxes are not importing mail from Office 365

samwoo

Good afternoon,

We've only just discovered there is an issue with our main Mailbox in Hornbill, which actually started on Monday evening.  This was only discovered today as we've not been receiving any emails, and everyone assumed that someone has already picked up any new requests or updates to tickets to notice that this hasn't been working.  It was only until we needed to look back at one of the requests that would have been created yesterday that we discovered this issue.

It turns out that on Monday, we've blocked a load of IP addresses.  We are concerned that one of the ones we blocked is the one that feeds emails from the mailbox in Office 365 to Hornbill, as everything else related to the Mailbox on Office 365 seems to be ok.  We have another Mailbox that a different department uses, that is still sending and receiving emails fine though.

Can we have a list of IP Addresses that processes IMP email into our instance, so we can check to see if any of them are blocked?  We need this working as we may have missed some urgent emails or important updates to tickets.

Thanks,

Samuel

Hi @Steve Giller,

Thanks for your response.

The first point you mentioned might be a challenge as we've not seen any such document, but this is because the person who originally set up Hornbill left a few months or so after we went LIVE.

The second point you mention, I've asked infrastructure and they've said that is not the answer to our problems, as Outbound mail is still working, it's only Inbound mail that is not.

We have another Mailbox that is working perfectly fine in Hornbill - can I just check - is it most definitely likely to be an IP Address problem that we are having?  Is it likely to be the same IP Address used for both Mailboxes?  Or could it be something else?

Thanks,

Samuel 

14 minutes ago, Victor said:

@samwoo navigate to the inbound connector and to a connection test. If the test fails, the response should give info to your mail server admins of what the issue might be..

image.png

Hi Victor,

When I did that, it just kept on going round and round and round... I forgot about it and came back a couple of hours later and it was still going round and round.  

Thanks,

Samuel

Hi again @Victor,

I just tried it again and it worked this time.  But we've moved on since then - turns out it requires MFA for the Mailbox - so we are looking at solutions now.

Thanks,

Samuel

• Like 1